[CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 08 update

    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2000
      Lilies Dance CLass Schedule
      (Needs to be finalized before Crown to make the RUSH book)

      Class Times
      Mon - Thur 10-12 and 1-3

      Day/Time Class Teacher
      Monday
      AM 10-12 Intro to Renn. Dance Conrad Martin von Kassel
      sauerm@...
      PM 1- 3 Bransles and Pavanes Philippe de Lyon Thomas.Harmon@...
      *** New Teacher

      Tues
      AM 10-12 Introductory Itialian Katherine Mercer deanc@...
      PM 1- 3 Easy ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...

      Wed
      AM 10-12 Intermediate ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
      PM 1- 3 ??? ???

      Thurs
      AM 10-11 Salterelli Katherine
      AM 11-12 Heys are not for horses Katherine
      PM 1- 3 Review for Ball Conrad et al

      Final class nane is up to the instructor.
      Anyone who want to be around for the review class is welcome.
      Exact slots on Tues and Wed are somewhat tentative.
      I absolutely need someone for the Monday PM class, I've got a
      meeting :(

      Any ideas for the wed after noon class?

      A couple of ones I had

      Dancing to live music
      Dance teachers class
      Scottish dances
      A not covered by another class
      dance teacher swapmeet

      OK Judit had to cancel, so I put Katherine's suggestions in that
      spot - feel free to speak up Katherine if this isn't ok.

      Still need something for wed afternoon.

      Also according to the lilies RUSH schedule we have the
      grand pavilion reserved from 9 to 12 and 1-4 everyday
      monday through friday. Can we fill up the schedule?!

      If anybody wants to add anything else to the list ler me know.
      Recomend (volunteer) any friends who might be able run a class.

      If not I will make these times available for other uses.

      MAY 15th is the deadline for getting classes listed!

      Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.

      Dacne breakdown by type

      Bransles:
      Scottish Bransle (Arbeau)
      Calontir Bransle (SCA dance to period music)
      Official Bransle (Arbeau)
      SCA Maltese Bransle (SCA, style of Arbeau)
      Charlotta Bransle (Arbeau)
      Horses Bransle (Arbeau)

      Greesly:
      Ly Bens Distonys (Greesly)

      Cantiga:
      Quen Quer Que (SCA to 13th cent. music (cantiga)

      Pavans:
      Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
      Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
      Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)

      Allemande:
      Black Allemande (Arbeau/Inns of Court)

      ECD:
      Heralds in Love (SCA, reasonalby ECDish)
      Rufty Tufty (Playford, 1st)
      Hearts Ease (Playford, 1st)
      Gathering Peascods (Playford, 1st)
      New boe Peep (Playford, 1st)
      Jenny Plucks Pears (Playford, 1st)

      Italian:
      Petit Riens (Italian balli)
      Rostiboli (Italian balli)
      Gelosia (Italian balli)
      Amoroso (Italian balli)
      Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
      Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

      Conrad
    • Kirsten Garner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2000
        Just a quick note..

        > Pavans:
        > Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
        > Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
        > Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)

        Earl of Salisbury is not Arbeau. It's a really bizarre modern
        rendering of Quadran pavan (Inns of Court) to some 16th-century
        Italian music. :)

        Julian
      • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2000
          > Tues
          > AM 10-12 Introductory Itialian Katherine Mercer deanc@...
          > PM 1- 3 Easy ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
          >
          > Wed
          > AM 10-12 Intermediate ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
          > PM 1- 3 ??? ???
          >
          > Thurs
          > AM 10-11 Salterelli Katherine
          > AM 11-12 Heys are not for horses Katherine
          > PM 1- 3 Review for Ball Conrad et al
          >

          > Final class nane is up to the instructor.
          > Anyone who want to be around for the review class is welcome.
          > Exact slots on Tues and Wed are somewhat tentative.
          > I absolutely need someone for the Monday PM class, I've got a
          > meeting :(
          >
          > Any ideas for the wed after noon class?
          >
          > A couple of ones I had
          >
          > Dancing to live music

          By this do you mean a class about how to dance to live music or a class in
          which
          the dances are done to live music. Either one sounds fun.

          > Dance teachers class

          I think this would be great if someone can teach.

          > dance teacher swapmeet

          Likewise, I think this would be great. If for nothing other than to make sure
          that all the dance folk in Calontir know each other. THere are still quite a
          few people I have yet to meet (not all that surprising considering I've only
          been back in Kingdom since January, but still). And maybe we could all go
          over
          what our groups dance-lists are. I'd love to have information like that for
          planning out the ball at Calontir Performing Arts Day (plug plug plug).

          >OK Judit had to cancel, so I put Katherine's suggestions in that
          >spot - feel free to speak up Katherine if this isn't ok.

          Fine with me.

          >Still need something for wed afternoon.
          >
          >Also according to the lilies RUSH schedule we have the
          >grand pavilion reserved from 9 to 12 and 1-4 everyday

          If you want to move either of my classes to Friday that's fine by me
          (preferably
          the two on thursday, I guess) because a friend of mine is coming up from
          Atenvelt thursday night and would love to help me teach! And if it comes down
          to it I could probably do two classes of Italian (intro and intermediate or
          something like that), although that may well be overload.

          Also, if we have the area from 1-4, could you schedule my two class block as
          1-2
          and 2:30-3:30? That way there is a bit of a buffer for going overtime.

          Also also, if you really would like to fill timeslots, feel free to split
          those
          two classes over two different days and I'll try to make them each a bit
          longer.

          Whew.

          >MAY 15th is the deadline for getting classes listed!
          >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          >
          >Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.

          Will do.

          >Italian:
          >Petit Riens (Italian balli)
          >Rostiboli (Italian balli)
          >Gelosia (Italian balli)
          >Amoroso (Italian balli)
          >Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
          >Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

          Ok, since I'm the only one left doing Italian *beam* I'll just plan on
          covering
          those first four for sure. But I don't know Ballo del Fiore and Il Piantone,
          so
          can you cover them in the review class?

          Katherine

          Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
          Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
          deanc@... Calontir
          http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
          Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
        • Katriana
          Message 4 of 4 , May 8, 2000
            OK, I should be able to teach some. At this point it looks as if I'll be
            unemployed again by Lilies. Feel free to put me down to teach classes on
            playing dance music, and if neccessary, dance (bransles or basic ECD
            please) Is there going to be anyplace we can store stuff? Not that I
            don't live for hauling music stands AND instruments AND music all over
            creation :-)