RE: [CalontirDance] Next easiest dance from Lilies Ball?

  • Becky Buchanan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2008
      Thank you all for your valuable advice. This definitely gives us an idea of what we can accomplish before Lilies. Looking forward to the Ball!

      Emelye

      Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:

      Easy Dances on this list are:
      Carolingian Pavanne
      Anello*
      Black Alman*
      Hearts Ease*
      Hyde Park
      Petit Riense*
      Sellengers Round*
      Ly Bens *
      Piantone
      * Sara Sophia - you did these at Crown Tourney

      My suggestions are:
      Anello
      Black Alman
      Petit Riense
      Hyde Park
      Keep in mind that with live music you can make any dance slow while you're learning it. :)

      Tsire

      On Wednesday, May 28, 2008, at 06:01 AM, Becky Buchanan wrote:> Hi everyone,>> Sara Sophia and I were wondering what's the next easiest dance Mag Mor > could learn from the Lilies Ball list. We have one more practice > before Lilies. So far from the list, we know Carolingian Pavan and Ly > Bens. Murdoch and I are going to try to teach Black Alman. Is there > another dance from the Ball list someone could recommend? Is "My Lady > Cullen" easy? I know the music is relatively slow. Sara Sophia was > looking for a slower dance. (Slower than Charlotte or Horse's Bransle)>> Here's the complete Ball list:> Carolingian Pavan (Mag Mor knows this)> My Lady Cullen> Anello> Confesse> Villanella> Heralds in Love>> Black Alman (Mag Mor will know this)> Gracca Amorosa> Heart's Ease> Saturday Night/Sunday Morn> Hyde Park> Petit Vriens>> Black Nag> Sellinger's Round> Ly Bens Dystonis (Mag Mor knows this)> Rosti Boli Gioiso> Picking of Sticks> Cantiga 119 (Piantone)>> Thanks for your help!
      -- Emelye>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]