RE: [CalontirDance] Next easiest dance from Lilies Ball?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 28 6:54 AM
      My Lady Cullen is rather quick and has the added complexity of being a
      progressive dance, meaning the couples will do different parts at
      different times).

      From the ball list I would suggest

      Anello

      Hearts ease

      Black Nag

      Petit Riens

      Hearts Ease is definitely the slowest of them, petit riens the fastest.

      Conrad

      Message 2 of 6 , May 28 7:02 AM
        Petit Riens! Petit Riens!!
        Even _I_ can do it!
        :)

        Conna
        nondancer

        Message 3 of 6 , May 28 10:57 AM
          Easy Dances on this list are:
          Carolingian Pavanne
          Anello*
          Black Alman*
          Hearts Ease*
          Hyde Park
          Petit Riense*
          Sellengers Round*
          Ly Bens *
          Piantone
          * Sara Sophia - you did these at Crown Tourney

          My suggestions are:
          Anello
          Black Alman
          Petit Riense
          Hyde Park
          Keep in mind that with live music you can make any dance slow while you're learning it. :)

          Tsire

          On Wednesday, May 28, 2008, at 06:01 AM, Becky Buchanan wrote:> Hi everyone,>> Sara Sophia and I were wondering what's the next easiest dance Mag Mor > could learn from the Lilies Ball list. We have one more practice > before Lilies. So far from the list, we know Carolingian Pavan and Ly > Bens. Murdoch and I are going to try to teach Black Alman. Is there > another dance from the Ball list someone could recommend? Is "My Lady > Cullen" easy? I know the music is relatively slow. Sara Sophia was > looking for a slower dance. (Slower than Charlotte or Horse's Bransle)>> Here's the complete Ball list:> Carolingian Pavan (Mag Mor knows this)> My Lady Cullen> Anello> Confesse> Villanella> Heralds in Love>> Black Alman (Mag Mor will know this)> Gracca Amorosa> Heart's Ease> Saturday Night/Sunday Morn> Hyde Park> Petit Vriens>> Black Nag> Sellinger's Round> Ly Bens Dystonis (Mag Mor knows this)> Rosti Boli Gioiso> Picking of Sticks> Cantiga 119 (Piantone)>> Thanks for your help! -- Emelye>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Becky Buchanan