RE: [CalontirDance] Gotta brag about Ly Bens

  • Becky Buchanan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2008
      Good thought! Maybe Murdoch and I can figure this one out - Black Almain.

      Found a You Tube video of it:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vZFFMJs2e8&feature=related

      Plus these instructions from Tsire . . .
      Black Alman (Couples in a line)
      Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward
      Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward [end facing partner]
      Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner
      [turn to own L] Double Left away from partner
      [turn 180°] Double Right toward partner
      Lords step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left;
      Ladies step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left
      [take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall
      Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall
      Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner

      Hopefully, we can make sense of these two sources and try Black Almain next time.

      Emelye

      "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly
      slow as is Chestnut for an ECD.

      Emelye, you are making me blush. :-) Thank you. Might I suggest that
      we look at a slow dance for next time. We seem to have quite a few fast
      dances in our repertoire and when we run through them all, we get quite
      the workout. :-)

      I had a great time last night. We have a great group of people. It was
      a fun way to spend my anniversary. :-)

      Sara Sophia

      To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      From: boltb4@...
      Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Gotta brag about Ly Bens

      Hi everyone,

      I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly
      Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from
      the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm
      on.

      Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we
      started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll
      have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also
      poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

      Thanks again!

      Emelye

      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2008
        To clarify a bit

        >[take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall

        4 slides up the hall will be to the lords right

        >Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall

        The slides are again to the lords right, but this is the opposite direction as the first 4 slides (really down the hall)

        The video looks goods, but it looks like it starts 90% of the way through a repeat with the

        'Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner'

        The dance really starts with the 4 doubles forward.

        "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@... <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> > wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly

        To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com <mailto:calontirdance%40yahoogroups.com>
        From: boltb4@... <mailto:boltb4%40yahoo.com>
        Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700

        Hi everyone,

        I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly
        Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from
        the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm
        on.

        Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we
        started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll
        have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also
        poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

        Thanks again!

        Emelye

      • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2008
          Thank you. I will look at these and see which I like best. I'm sure I'll like them all. :-)

          Sara Sophia

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

          From: boltb4@...

          Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700

          Hi everyone,

          I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly

          Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from

          the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm

          on.

          Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we

          started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll

          have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also

          poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

          Thanks again!

          Emelye

          E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

          http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_

          GreaterGood