RE: [CalontirDance] Gotta brag about Ly Bens

    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2008
      Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly
      slow as is Chestnut for an ECD.

      Emelye, you are making me blush. :-) Thank you. Might I suggest that
      we look at a slow dance for next time. We seem to have quite a few fast
      dances in our repertoire and when we run through them all, we get quite
      the workout. :-)

      I had a great time last night. We have a great group of people. It was
      a fun way to spend my anniversary. :-)

      Sara Sophia

      To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      From: boltb4@...
      Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Gotta brag about Ly Bens

      Hi everyone,

      I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly
      Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from
      the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm
      on.

      Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we
      started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll
      have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also
      poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

      Thanks again!

      Emelye

    • Becky Buchanan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2008
        Good thought! Maybe Murdoch and I can figure this one out - Black Almain.

        Found a You Tube video of it:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vZFFMJs2e8&feature=related

        Plus these instructions from Tsire . . .
        Black Alman (Couples in a line)
        Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward
        Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward [end facing partner]
        Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner
        [turn to own L] Double Left away from partner
        [turn 180°] Double Right toward partner
        Lords step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left;
        Ladies step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left
        [take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall
        Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall
        Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner

        Hopefully, we can make sense of these two sources and try Black Almain next time.

        Emelye

        "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly

        To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2008
          To clarify a bit

          >[take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall

          4 slides up the hall will be to the lords right

          >Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall

          The slides are again to the lords right, but this is the opposite direction as the first 4 slides (really down the hall)

          The video looks goods, but it looks like it starts 90% of the way through a repeat with the

          'Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner'

          The dance really starts with the 4 doubles forward.

          "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@... <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> > wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly

          To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com <mailto:calontirdance%40yahoogroups.com>
          From: boltb4@... <mailto:boltb4%40yahoo.com>
          Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700

          Hi everyone,

          I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly
          Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from
          the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm
          on.

          Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we
          started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll
          have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also
          poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

          Thanks again!

          Emelye

        • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2008
            Thank you. I will look at these and see which I like best. I'm sure I'll like them all. :-)

            Sara Sophia

            To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

            From: boltb4@...

            Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700

            Hi everyone,

            I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly

            Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from

            the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm

            on.

            Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we

            started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll

            have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also

            poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

            Thanks again!

            Emelye

            E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

            http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_

            GreaterGood