Gotta brag about Ly Bens

  • Becky Buchanan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23 4:55 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm on.

      Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

      Thanks again!

      Emelye

    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 6:30 AM
        Emelye, you are making me blush. :-) Thank you. Might I suggest that we look at a slow dance for next time. We seem to have quite a few fast dances in our repertoire and when we run through them all, we get quite the workout. :-)

        I had a great time last night. We have a great group of people. It was a fun way to spend my anniversary. :-)

        Sara Sophia

        To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 23 9:54 AM
            Good thought! Maybe Murdoch and I can figure this one out - Black Almain.

            Found a You Tube video of it:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vZFFMJs2e8&feature=related

            Plus these instructions from Tsire . . .
            Black Alman (Couples in a line)
            Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward
            Double Left Forward; Double Right Forward [end facing partner]
            Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner
            [turn to own L] Double Left away from partner
            [turn 180°] Double Right toward partner
            Lords step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left;
            Ladies step Left, step Right; circle Left, Right Left
            [take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall
            Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall
            Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner

            Hopefully, we can make sense of these two sources and try Black Almain next time.

            Emelye

            "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly

            To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , May 23 10:04 AM
              To clarify a bit

              >[take hands with partner] Double Left switching places; 4 slides up the hall

              4 slides up the hall will be to the lords right

              >Double Left switching places;4 slides up the hall

              The slides are again to the lords right, but this is the opposite direction as the first 4 slides (really down the hall)

              The video looks goods, but it looks like it starts 90% of the way through a repeat with the

              'Double Left backing away from partner; Double Right toward partner'

              The dance really starts with the 4 doubles forward.

              "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@... <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> > wrote: Perhaps Black Almain or Contrapasso in Due would, Amoroso is also fairly

              To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com <mailto:calontirdance%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 6 , May 26 8:03 AM
                Thank you. I will look at these and see which I like best. I'm sure I'll like them all. :-)

                Sara Sophia

                To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                From: boltb4@...

                Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:55:55 -0700

                Hi everyone,

                I just have to brag on Sara Sophia doing a fabulous job teaching Ly

                Bens. It was so much fun! I noticed she received a lot of guidance from

                the list yesterday. Thank you! This is by far my favorite List that I'm

                on.

                Our dance group keeps growing and growing each week. The first week we

                started, we had 6 participants. Last night we had a total of 12! We'll

                have one more practice before Lilies. Between now and then, I might also

                poll the list for advice/dance description interpretation.

                Thanks again!

                Emelye

                E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

                http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_

                GreaterGood