RE: [CalontirDance] Ly Bens help

  • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
    Message 1 of 32 , May 22, 2008
      That is indeed the music I am trying to dance to, but the dance steps are not the same. It looks like a variant of the dance I'm trying to put to the music. Maybe a different interpretation?

      Thanks for the link though. I keep forgetting to check YouTube for SCA dances. :-)

      Thanks,
      Sara Sophia

      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      From: mlagemann@...
      Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:16:17 -0500
      Subject: RE: RE: [CalontirDance] Ly Bens help

      The following is billed at Ly Bens Dystonia. I am not sure if this is the same thing, but it might help. Or it might not. I honestly don't know, so if someone could correct me if I just sent a link to a completely different dance, I would appreciate it.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHs4JXxzygc

      Ermenrich

      ________________________________

      From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com<mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

      From: sauerm@...<mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu>

      Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:21:57 -0500

      Note number in (), these are the beats each line takes)

      i.e. single = 2, single = 2, double = 4 so (2,2,4)

      there may also be a short intro in the music, I don't specifically

      remember.

      > Single, Single, Double (2,2,4)

      > Lord Forward a Double as Lady Back a Double (4)

      > (Lord turn about to face Lady) (0)

      > Both Forward a Double to meet Right shoulders (4)

      > Both Continue Forward a Double (4)

      > (Both turn about to face each other) (0)

      > Both Forward a Double to meet Left shoulders (4)

      > (Lady turn about to face head of hall) (0)

      > (Take Hands) Step away from you partner, Step toward your partner

      (2,2)

      > Turn out (Lord Counterclockwise, Lady Clockwise) (4)

      E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

      http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_

      GreaterGood

    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 32 of 32 , May 22, 2008
        Well, I finally sat down and counted and guess what. The first run through on the mp3 is about 2 measures/bars/4 counts shorter than the rest. No wonder I can't get the steps to come out right the first time. :-)

        Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I've got it now. :-)

        Sara Sophia