RE: [CalontirDance] Ly Bens help

    Message 1 of 32 , May 22 11:21 AM
      Note number in (), these are the beats each line takes)
      i.e. single = 2, single = 2, double = 4 so (2,2,4)

      there may also be a short intro in the music, I don't specifically
      remember.

      > Single, Single, Double (2,2,4)
      >
      > Lord Forward a Double as Lady Back a Double (4)
      >
      > (Lord turn about to face Lady) (0)
      >
      > Both Forward a Double to meet Right shoulders (4)
      >
      > Both Continue Forward a Double (4)
      >
      > (Both turn about to face each other) (0)
      >
      > Both Forward a Double to meet Left shoulders (4)
      >
      > (Lady turn about to face head of hall) (0)
      >
      > (Take Hands) Step away from you partner, Step toward your partner
      (2,2)

      > Turn out (Lord Counterclockwise, Lady Clockwise) (4)
    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 32 of 32 , May 22 2:53 PM
        Well, I finally sat down and counted and guess what. The first run through on the mp3 is about 2 measures/bars/4 counts shorter than the rest. No wonder I can't get the steps to come out right the first time. :-)

        Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I've got it now. :-)

        Sara Sophia