RE: [CalontirDance] Ly Bens help

  • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
    Message 1 of 32 , May 22 9:17 AM
      Since I accidentally sent this to the list and not to Tsire privately, I would be grateful to anyone who can help me with this. :-)

      Sara Sophia - who apparently needs more coffee ;-)

      > To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      > From: sarasophiavonkolmar@...
      > Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:09:38 -0500
      > Subject: [CalontirDance] Ly Bens help
      >
      > Tsire,
      >
      > Hello there. How are you?
      >
      > Yes, I am waiting until the last moment to get this together. We have dance tonight. :-) But if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done. :-D
      >
      > What are the doubles and singles you mention here? Are singles one step to one beat? Are doubles two steps to one beat? Are they like the pavane step - single=step, together and double=step, step, together?
      >
      > Thank you for your help,
      > Sara Sophia
      >

      > To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tsire@...
      > Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:46:19 -0500
      > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

      > I suggest
      >

      > Ly Bens Dystonis (English 1400's)
      >
      > for Couples
      >

      > Single, Single, Double
      >
      > Lord Forward a Double as Lady Back a Double
      >
      > (Lord turn about to face Lady)
      >
      > Both Forward a Double to meet Right shoulders
      >
      > Both Continue Forward a Double
      >
      > (Both turn about to face each other)
      >
      > Both Forward a Double to meet Left shoulders
      >
      > (Lady turn about to face head of hall)
      >
      > (Take Hands) Step away from you partner, Step toward your partner
      >
      > Turn out (Lord Counterclockwise, Lady Clockwise)
      >

      > It's fun to think of this dance as a tumultuous relationship.
      >
      > You start out walking together, move apart, come together, move apart, come together, connect, struggle out then in, spurn one another and begin again. :)

    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 32 of 32 , May 22 2:53 PM
        Well, I finally sat down and counted and guess what. The first run through on the mp3 is about 2 measures/bars/4 counts shorter than the rest. No wonder I can't get the steps to come out right the first time. :-)

        Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I've got it now. :-)

        Sara Sophia