Ly Bens help

  • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
    Message 1 of 32 , May 22, 2008
      Tsire,

      Hello there. How are you?

      Yes, I am waiting until the last moment to get this together. We have dance tonight. :-) But if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done. :-D

      What are the doubles and singles you mention here? Are singles one step to one beat? Are doubles two steps to one beat? Are they like the pavane step - single=step, together and double=step, step, together?

      Thank you for your help,
      Sara Sophia

      To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      From: tsire@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:46:19 -0500
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

      I suggest

      Ly Bens Dystonis (English 1400's)

      for Couples

      Single, Single, Double

      Lord Forward a Double as Lady Back a Double

      (Lord turn about to face Lady)

      Both Forward a Double to meet Right shoulders

      Both Continue Forward a Double

      (Both turn about to face each other)

      Both Forward a Double to meet Left shoulders

      (Lady turn about to face head of hall)

      (Take Hands) Step away from you partner, Step toward your partner

      Turn out (Lord Counterclockwise, Lady Clockwise)

      It's fun to think of this dance as a tumultuous relationship.

      You start out walking together, move apart, come together, move apart, come together, connect, struggle out then in, spurn one another and begin again. :)

    • Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar
      Message 32 of 32 , May 22, 2008
        Well, I finally sat down and counted and guess what. The first run through on the mp3 is about 2 measures/bars/4 counts shorter than the rest. No wonder I can't get the steps to come out right the first time. :-)

        Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I've got it now. :-)

        Sara Sophia