Re: [CalontirDance] Calontir Choir

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Christopher Mortika <c.mortika@...> wrote:
      [clip]
      > Years ago, I found out that a choir like this works best if people can
      > hear their parts when practicing.
      > When I directed the Northshield Choir, I had software that could
      > produce stand-alone MIDI files (and someone else could turn those into
      > WAV files that could be played on a normal CD player, instead of a
      > computer.)
      >
      > I currently use a Macintosh, OS 10.2, and I'm having difficulty
      > finding software that can make stand-alone MIDI files. (My
      > stripped-down version of Finale can make files that MIDI equipment,
      > like keyboards, can play, but that's not as helpful!)

      According to Finale, all of their software (except Notepad) can save
      audio files as MP3. That is a great format for the web, and most cd
      burning software can convert them to audio CD files. The biggest
      advantages of MIDI files are that they are incredibly small (because
      they're not music, just code) and can be converted by a lot of
      notation programs. But MP3 files should work just fine.