Discovery in Iowa

  • Chris Mortika
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2008
      I'm so happy I could pop.

      Yesterday, I attended a cute little renaissance festival in the Amana
      colonies, about 15 miles from Iowa City. And there as a Renaissance
      dance / music troupe there, "abeas Corpus", directed by a woman named
      Rachelle Tsachor (http://www.uiowa.edu/~music/bios/MVMTtsachor.htm).

      They performed 16th Century Italian, French, and English Country Dance.
      And they need musicians.

      Yay.

      --Christian
    • Becky Buchanan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2008
        That's fabulous!! Makes me wish I lived in Iowa!

        Emelye

        Chris Mortika <c.mortika@...> wrote: I'm so happy I could pop.

        Yesterday, I attended a cute little renaissance festival in the Amana
        colonies, about 15 miles from Iowa City. And there as a Renaissance
        dance / music troupe there, "abeas Corpus", directed by a woman named
        Rachelle Tsachor (http://www.uiowa.edu/~music/bios/MVMTtsachor.htm).

        They performed 16th Century Italian, French, and English Country Dance.
        And they need musicians.

        Yay.

        --Christian

      • Conna
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2008
          Hurray! That's terrific news. We missed you a bunch at Crown--we had
          TWO dances, thanks to those crazy fun Mag-Morons ;) --but it sounds
          like you were where you needed to be.

          Please keep us informed about their performance schedule!

          Best,
          Conna