999RE: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

    Apr 28, 2008
      WoooHooo. Your group show such great excitement and initiative, it's really got me just grinning like a big silly Muppet. Charlotte is my favorite of the bransles and Wolgemut is my favorite track to dance it to. I'm so glad to be coming over your way this weekend. Enthusiasm is a catching disease, lets start a dance plague! :)Tsire

      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.comFrom: boltb4@...: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:40:43 -0700Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!

      Just read Tsire's suggestion of Ly Bens. That's a great idea. Could you teach that one? You did such a great job with Carolingian. Keeping with my Bransle theme, I could do Charlotte Bransle. I can just work my way through my Wolgemut Bransle CD. (-:Also, remember Tsire will be here at Crown next Saturday to impart her dance knowledge. YAY!!!EmelyeLady Sara Sophia von Kolmar <sarasophiavonkolmar@...> wrote: You and Murdoch did a great job of teaching Horse's Bransle, too. I know Aelfstan and I had a great time. I can't wait for next time. What should we teach next? :-)Sara SophiaTo: calontirdance@yahoogroups.comFrom: boltb4@...: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 06:34:06 -0700Subject: [CalontirDance] YAY DANCE!!Last night, we had a great time at our first Mag Mor Dance Night. It was really fun. We had 6 people there. Several others wanted to come, but couldn't due to illness, working at the last minute, or school obligations. I think we'll have a lot more people in two weeks. Sara Sophia did an outstanding job teaching Carolingian Pavane. A member of our Barony, Iahan, owns a beautiful dance studio and generously offered us his studio for bi-weekly dance practice. http://basicallyballroomstudio.com/Murdoch and I taught Horse's Bransle. We learned it via a combo of the Crystal Ball mini-dance book and a You Tube video of people dancing at Pennsic to Wolgemut. However, the video helped because I was able to say, "Oh that's what the Crystal Ball instructions mean by 'paw!' " Who knows what I would have come up without that visual aid! We are planning to have more dance at Crown Tourney - time of day is not yet determined. Tsire said she would be available to help us learn some new dances, which will be fabulous. Maybe we can get through Tsire's top 10 Catch and Release dances? Or, at least the top 5? I'm a beginner. (-:Hope to see you in Mag Mor next weekend! Emelye---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]__________________________________________________________Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]