957Re: [CalontirDance] New to this list

    Apr 21, 2008
      I am for one rather amused that Master Conrad posted that website w/o
      the standard disclaimer against Hole in the Wall. I made my case again
      over supper at Bellewode, but the mean ole' Laurels just wouldn't
      budge... even if it was with new more appropriate/period/etc
      choreography... not even if we called it Purcell's Hornpipe so that
      there was no ambiguity about which dance was being done/played. Oh
      well. I think it's probably my love of Irish music (hornpipes being
      my favorite followed by jigs and slip-jigs) and the fact that this was
      the first piece I learned to play, and that I was never forced to play
      it in a pit 43,342,234,345,984.7 times. *sigh*

      I'm just glad that there's so much other music to love and really enjoy.

      I'd never run across these resources before and will have to transfer
      them to mp3 before including them in my arsenal. Anyone else in the
      same boat that would like copies (properly attributed of course!) rather
      than redo the work?

      Lady Sara Sophia von Kolmar wrote:
      > Thanks everyone for the greetings, advice and links. :-) I'm not the one that is actually spearheading dance in Mag Mor, Emelye is. But I have volunteered to help teach.
      >
      > I will be at Crown as I'm one of the co-autocrats. I don't know how busy I will be during the day, but I would love to get together and talk dance as well as get pointers on teaching. I've only been on the student side of dance so far so we'll see how the teaching goes. I think we will only have 1 dance practice before Crown, this Thursday, so things shouldn't go too wrong before Crown. :-) The first dance I'm teaching is a pavane.
      >
      > Which does bring up a question, can you turn corners during a pavane ? If so, how is that worked? Or what do you do when you get to the end of your space? The entire line turn around and go the other direction?
      >
      > Thanks again,
      > Sara Sophia
      >

      > To: calontirdance@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tsire@...
      > Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:31:40 -0500
      > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] New to this list

      > SaraSophia,
      >

      > Greetings. I"m so glad you're taking up dance leadership! I'll also be at Crown and will be happy to share teaching techniques and lead a sample class for you.

      // Merry

      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre