904Re: [CalontirDance] Recommended Dance Music CDs?

  • Rowan
    Oct 12, 2007
      Well you know that Crystal Ball is coming up Nov 17th!! Only a 15min drive
      from B3R into dragon territory, plenty of crash space on site or with the
      dancers/musciians here. There is always a good pit of musicaians there and
      they have their own room for practice during the day. You could bring you
      equipment and record there during the day or during the ball or both.
      Conna would be your best contact for the music pit - she has all the sheet
      music and all.
      Personally I would like to see a recording of Calontir Branle cause my
      tape/cd/mp3 copys is just about toast.

      SNIP-
      >> If we do I'd like to see if I could get a group of musicians together at
      some dance event and see if we can record several takes of it onto a
      multi-track media for later mixdown.... I'd bring a mixing board and some
      Audio Technica 6100s or similar and we could make a real recording session
      of it. I've never done mixdown as I've always been a live sound engineer but
      I expect there is someone in this varied group who has. There may be a few
      other tunes like this as well that 'need redoin'.

      "But it was also just an example. I know there are other tunes out there
      that are period that we
      perhaps lack instrumental recordings and have only a midi type recording for
      use at dance practices...
      SNIP-

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper