896Recommended Dance Music CDs?

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Oct 11, 2007
      What CDs would you recommend one acquire, ranked in best/highest
      priority/most useful on down.

      So far the list that has been recommended to me is

      o Musica Subterranea - http://www.musicasub.org/contents.html

      § Album I - Musica Subterranea

      § Album II -- Cornucopia

      § Album III -- Incantare

      o DragonScale Consort - http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/CD%20Page.htm

      I believe I have the contents of most of these CDs but I really want to
      buy to pay the artist(s) (and be legal and ethical), and well.... they
      have been ripped at different normalizations, with no jitter control,
      much contains a lot of distortion, low resolution, horrible quality and
      over compression, read-head collisions, and many of them show
      considerable evidence of having been transcoded several times and of
      being recorded to disk, ripped and compressed, recorded, ripped and
      compressed, ad nauseum. Further none of them have the ID2/3 tags filled.

      How useful/popular is Wolgemut for dancing? Which titles?

      Any others?

      Thanks!

      --

      // Merry

      "Merry" Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
      Shire of Standing Stones, University of Missouri at Columbia
      Formerly known as Philippe Sebastian LeLutre
      Mundanely known as Christian M. Cepel