894Re: [CalontirDance] Kemps Jeg

  • 'Merry' Tirloghe Mirywoder Lutre
    Sep 24, 2007
      That'd be great. Will you be teaching this one tonight?

      I think there was a time that you said you could demonstrate how the
      lyric I just included really does fit the meter of Hole in the Wall :)
      I'm still hoping to hear it done as thought I think I've come close a
      few times, I never can get through it w/o having to cram a syllable or
      two here and there.

      Thanks!

      Tsire Tuzevo wrote:

> [...]
      > less clear, it think we almost got it right.>> (8) First man lead the
      > women as before - to me this sounds like the > full up and back twice
      > from the first verse> (4) Turn half around, holding both hands, and
      > with his own as much to > the other - this is not very clear. The>
      > 'and with his own as much to the other' to me implies 2 moves. At >
      > first I thought about two hand half turns first with> partner then
      > woman 2. But a half turn with his partner does not put > the man in a
      > position to half turn woman 2.> The other possibility that comes to
      > mind is 2 half turns in a circle, > each taking 2 measures. This
      > leaves both> ladies in their original positions and the first man
      > facing the third > lady for he turn. Again the 'and with his own> as
      > much to the other' phrase seem to indicate first you circle to the >
      > right then to the left (i.e. toward your own, then> to the other.)
      > Though this really doesn't matter.>> (4) Turn the third woman - just
      > like the first verse> (32) Do thus all to the rest following> (96) and
      > doing the like>> Verse 3>> This was essentially completely correct. I
      > very much like giving the > women the option of which way to turn and
      > Tsire's suggestion that the > women place their outside hand on their
      > outside hip and the man's > hands cross behind the women.>> (4) First
      > man take the Women as before by the contrary hands behind, > then lead
      > them forwards and back. - if we take this as just a single > up and
      > back this leaves 12 counts for the rest> (4) Pull one half about and
      > kiss her - this sounds like the woman > doing a half turn than a
      > quarter, and ending up close to directly in > front of the active
      > man>> W2 M1 W1>> W1> W2 M1>> Its would also mean that if the woman
      > wants to turn the other way the > turn would be the same distance {in
      > keeping with the pattern of the> other verses I would suggest the man
      > should turn his partner first}> (4) as much with the other woman> (4)
      > turn the third>> This might make the half turn and kiss a bit long
      > (each as long as a > double up and back).> An alternative to this
      > might be>> (8) Double up and back twice (just like in the other
      > verses)> (2) Pull one half about and kiss her> (2) as much with the
      > other woman> (4) turn the third>> This gives a completely parallel
      > structure to the 3 verses and not > having a very lingering kiss
      > phrase>> Those are my thoughts so have at it :)>> Conrad>> [Non-text
      > portions of this message have been removed]>> -- //
      > Merry----------"Merry" Tirloghe Mirywoder LutreShire of Standing
      > Stones, University of Missouri at ColumbiaFormerly known as Philippe
      > Sebastian LeLutreMundanely known as Christian M.
      > Cepelhttp://Thistledowne.org/ <Cepelhttp://Thistledowne.org/>
      > http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/
      > <http://ShireOfStandingStones.org/>'Toirdhealbhach' anglicized
      > Tirloughe (1576), modernly 'Turlough',pronounced 'TIR' or 'TUR' +
      > 'low', 'logh', 'lock', or 'loch'[Non-text portions of this message

      // Merry