772Re: [CalontirDance] Re: [CalontirBards] What's the story on Al Cafrin - How much arranging makes a new arrangement? - Sent to wrong list

    Feb 8, 2007
      Hi! Here I am!
      Fernando e-mailed me for info for the Bards¹ list (I¹m not on that list).
      Anyway, hope the info is useful.

      The other pieces you asked about are also from Al¹s book (Early Dances). And
      thanks for taking off the website right away! The Cofrin books really are
      terrific. I use those books more than any others‹and by a long shot. I
      highly recommend them.

      I¹m not sure what the question is. Geoffrey has two nice arrangements (Ly
      Bens and Contrapasso) that we use a lot. He¹s from Dragonscale Consort, in
      the Middle. He¹s a very nice fellow, and I¹m sure he¹d give you permission
      to use his pieces if you asked him, but I don¹t think he gives a full-use
      permission on his music, either.

      Anyway, I think I missed something. What¹s the question?

      Thanks!
      Conna