650RE: [CalontirDance] Re:Carolingian Pavanne and Singing

    Sep 12, 2005
      Nope we sure don't and anyone who wants to sing along with the pit can - I
      certainly sing along with everything I can anytime there's a chance even if
      it's just the famous lyrics of "da da di dumpty do"- I just wouldn't advise
      it as a "special performance" type thing. In the case of a ball the pit is
      accompanyment and specail performance is a whole different thing -the
      Juniper Consort has a great handle on this, and can probably tell you more
      eloquently than I, just how it differs. I love to have special performances
      during breaks at any ball that I run but at the same time I would advise
      anyone playing in the pit that they, while indespendible, are not the main
      attraction to this audience and should not be offended if they don't ge the
      special attention that a special performance deserves in that setting.
      Alternately if a gourp of dancers wants to work with singers an dmucisians
      to put on an exhibition performance that could work too. Just my opinions of
      course, mileage may vary.

      Tsire

      >From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
      >To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Re:Carolingian Pavanne and Singing
      >Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:19:56 -0500
      >
      >depends on the soloist, of course, but its certianly possible.
      >Do we turn away other 'instruments' just cause they might not be heard?
      >
      >Conrad
      >

      >Thats true - but lets not get back into the dancing to cantigas loop - lol
      >:)
      >
      >In all reality I love singing and I love dancing but I find that they don't
      >always go together well in the SCA - I think a soloist is just going to
      >have
      >trouble being heard in a ball setting during a dance but I could be wrong.
      >
      >Tsire
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic