615[Northshield] Seeking Dance Instructors and Musicians

    Jul 5, 2005
      From: Wulfric <wulfric@...>
      Reply To: The Great Hall of Northshield <northshield@...>
      To: <ns-dance@...>, <sca-dance@...>, "The Great Hall
      of Northshield" <northshield@...>
      Subject: [Northshield] Seeking Dance Instructors and Musicians.....
      Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2005 1:01 PM
      Greetings,

      On October 1st, 2005, the Shire of Rockwall will be holding Day of Arbeau
      II: Dance 'til you're Dead in Janesville, WI. We are currently seeking
      instructors and would like to offer classes for all levels of dancers. I
      would also be interested in hearing about other dance related classes people
      may be interested in. Last year, there was a class titled "Beg your Pardon,
      Monsieur Arbeau?", which worked from Arbeau's Orchesography to reconstruct
      dances that have become common in our Society. Those who were in class were
      able to learn about doing reconstructions and got to see how some the dances
      evolved from the manual into how we commonly dance them today. I would love
      to see this class and/or similar classes this year.

      We are also seeking musicians for the evening ball. Last year, we had a
      "pick-up" band which worked wonderfully. This year we would like continue
      this option. If you would be interested in playing for the ball, I would
      very much like to hear from you. I would also like to invite established
      music groups to lend your skills to the band or perhaps join a rotation for
      the ball. This would allow the musicians to also join in the dancing if they
      wish.

      For additional information about the event you can visit
      http://www.shireofrockwall.org/events/doa2 or contact me. We are still
      working out some of the details of the event so some things may change. The
      proposed ball list is posted, but this may change as I recieve input. I will
      be defining the schedule as I hear from you.

      In Service,
      Wulfric Ferreter
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic