557RE: [CalontirDance] Dances that I think are fun

    Mar 10, 2005
      I'm only so-so on the elimitnation of stuff we do.
      But I'm fairly hard line on NOT introducing new
      GOOP (Grossly Out Of Period - i.e. 1920's)
      especially to new people.

      I hapilly do Moonshine, Mahri's Wedding and stuff at Crystal Ball -
      if they ever go away I will only be a little bit sad.

      But you won't see them on the ball schedule at lilies. I've even debating
      whether Trenchmore should be on the list.

      The only Scottish dance that feels 'right' is Dashing White Seargent (and
      Bransle de'Eccose of course)

      My Lady Cullen is a great 'new' dance to give contra fans something without
      going Baroque :)