      From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
      Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:13:15 -0500
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Reilgious music and dance

      I have a topic I think both musicians and dancers can participate in.
      I love cantigas, and they are easily danced to ..
      However, given what we know abut dance music of the time (all that I can
      think of have secular titles) and the religious practices, I am unsure
      if they would have ever of danced to a religious song in period.
      On the other hand, there is period music which religious words have been
      applied to.(Ding, Dong Merrily on High). I have no idea when these words
      were added.
      Anyone have any thoughts?

      Seonaid

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor document.write('');

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .