      From: Sauer, Michael F. [mailto:sauerm@...]
      Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 9:15 AM
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

      Hi All

      Befor you all go out an learn Ly Bens, fresh from Pennsic
      is a new version. Seems a repeat was left out in the music
      commonly known (and on the Dragonscales CD), can't tell you exactly
      where but now there are 2 very different versions - it was interesting
      to see who went to the dance classes and knew it and those that didn't.

      Also a new request, Cantiga de Santa Maria 119. A version can be
      found on the second Wolgemut CD, for tempo. This was used very nice
      for a new dnace Kirantana (sp???) also know as "Gin and Tonic".
      Real easy and lots of fun, a period "Trenchmore".

      From: "Valdemar & Constantia" <ironfist@...>
      Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:10:03 -0500
      To: "Calontirdance" <calontirdance@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

      So I basically just wrote to chat.
      I got some music ideas to throw around.
      Conna and Katriana have been playing ball music for years and know much of
      it by heart, without reading it.
      Even I, who avoid most ball settings, know most of it by heart now.
      So does Lucia.
      That's four musicians right there. I would be willing to bet Neathery knows
      a bunch by heart.
      That's five.
      I am sure there are more.

      So, you dance people, what are your top twenty dance picks for roving dance
      parties.
      This is about Lilies mostly, but, Gosh Darn - we could do it at ANY war!
      Freaky.

      You know, I'm thinking dances that are easiest to do/teach in a
      low-lighting, unpaved and possibly low sobrietied environment.

      Memorization of the most desirable songs would
      make roving dance parties a bit more spontaneous for us musicians, by far.
      What ya say musicians? Dancers?
      I'm counting on dancers for song suggestions, and musicians for general
      input on do-ability and interest.

      Anybody got anything out there for me?
      Love, Constantia

      ---