134RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Torchlight Madness and Ball

  • Katriana
    Jul 8, 2000
      Well, in years past we have had a problem with attrition. When people
      wanted to sit out a dance, there was NOTHING to keep them in the area (no
      seats, no light for flirting) By having the sale and ball at the same
      time, hopefully more people stuck around 'til the end. And the ball did
      start later than the sale (outlasted most of the merchants too!) Also,
      hopefully, we could pull some people who hadn't thought about dancing.
      And having the combination of events gives a stronger hold on the night
      against a torchlight tourney (the one thing that definately reduces
      attendance)

      Maybe we can come up with a solution. I'm hoping to hear from some
      merchants about if the ball helped or hindered sales (in their opinion)