1292An open letter to Her Ladyship Kasha...

  • Chris Mortika
    Jun 25 9:06 AM
      ... regarding the sight-singing workshops you presented at Lilies:

      I've been practicing pieces, and I'm thrilled that the techniques you taught still work after Lilies!

      But I've run into some songs that are not in major keys. (For example, the key signature for Taverner's "Gloria" has one flat, but instead of leaping to F, the tonic of the major key, it spends a lot of time leaping to D and G.)

      In this case, do I stick to singing "6" on D, or do I try to get a minor "1 - 3 - 5 - 1" in my head instead?

      --Christian
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic