1227RE: [CalontirDance] Bellewode Ball List

    Mar 23, 2009
      A very nice list.

      I agree with Tsire on Confesse and Bizzaria (now that many know Gracca
      Amorosa its time to introduce another fun but flashy dance).

      I do have one question, is there a particular reason to include Female
      Sailor. Is this a crossover between sca and other period dance

      groups in Kirksville? ? I like it a lot, but its dangerously close to

      "It was originally French and included in Raoul-Augur Feuillet's 1703
      Recueil de contredanse along with a longways proper dance,

      'La Matelotte', which Feuillet had himself written to go with the tune.
      In 1710 John Essex published a translation of this work,

      For the Further Improvement of Dancing, in which the dance is given as
      'The Female Saylor'."

      It is interesting that it's a French dance in an otherwise English dance

      Saturday Night , Sunday Morning is a good more period replacement for it
      that includes gypsies if that's one to the attractions.

      Black Almain
      Carolingian Pavane
      Queen's Alman

      Gathering Peascods