      From: Christopher Mortika
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:47 AM
      Subject: [CalontirDance] That Iowa Croup

      > Posted by: "Conna" conna1@... connacarol
      > Tue May 6, 2008 7:01 am (PDT)
      >
      > Please keep us informed about their performance schedule!

      Well, here's the plan.

      The group (whose name I misspelled. It's "Habeas Corpus", with the
      "H") performs frequently, but only rehearses for two or three weeks
      before a given performance. Regular members get reminded --usually
      insufficiiently-- of the dances, and newbies get to learn one or two
      dances. Ms. Tsachor wants to do more, but doesn't have the time.

      So, I'm intending to piggy-back on the existing structure. I'll
      simply hold dance / music practices on a regular basis, which the
      current dancers will appreciate, and which would allow any prospctive
      members an opportunity to come and learn dance without necessarily the
      stress of performing it for an audience.

      It might even be possible to hold a ball. Or, gee, if only there were
      an organization that already *held* Renaissance dance balls. We could
      all just attend one.

      So, if anybody on this list can ever make it to eastern Iowa on a
      Sunday afternoon, and would be willing to teach some dances to
      competent folks (There are a few who do a very pretty Alta Regina and
      Allegrezza.) let me know.

      --Chrisian