1016Citoles

    May 4, 2008
      Duke Fernando piqued my interest about an instrument I'd never before
      heard of and prompted me to look and learn more. Having enjoyed Caz's
      'build' pages, I likewise enjoyed this _long_ but excellent build page
      (with links to other build pages) for a progression of several Citoles
      (much as Caz's rebec build page had iterative development of consecutive
      instruments.

      http://www.crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/citole.html

      Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I found it a bit depressing as I
      lack the basic talent of eye and form and creativity that he's put into
      the carving and design. My strengths lie elsewhere. My lutherie will
      always be much more functional than creative with lots of effort to
      cover up mistakes, but I do take comfort in the fact that I am improving
      bit by bit. I don't think I'd ever have the patience or dedication to
      allocate funds and time to build mock ups and trials even though in the
      long run it would probably save me time and material costs (and
      frustration) when I make my mistakes on the mock ups instead of
      destroying the piece I'm putting my heart into.

      Cheers.

      --

      // Merry

      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre