I thought everyone forgot CalJam1!

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      How great to find this site and the links... I traveled to Ontario
      from Bristol, CT with my best friend, hitching our way across the
      country to get to CalJam. It remains one of the great rock memories
      for me... I even stayed on and lived in Ontario for a while after
      the gig.

      How is it that ABC could be so ignorant as to not preserve the tapes
      from the event? That's astounding. I would love to see the entire
      event again... from the night before in the parking lot (where my
      asking for a spare joint ended with me having almost three ozs
      thanks to the generosity of the crowd!) to having the worst
      sunburned nose EVER (and the waterfight was the BEST and probably
      the world's largest in history!), it was the most fun I have ever
      had at a concert.

      Does anyone remember Linda Lovelace addressing the crowd??? Or
      Earth, Wind and Fire playing some great funk? I was privileged to
      see Rare Earth, too; a lot of people simply do not believe that I'm
      telling the truth when I describe the performances and the list of
      acts - it's an amazing thing when you consider the sheer size of the
      preparation and the enormous effort it must have been to manage it
      all.

      If anyone has any photos from the event, can we please see them?

      Thanks for keeping the memory alive of one of the greatest concerts
      the world has ever seen.
    • scottamerica
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        This is great, Jim. Thanks for reminiscing with us. I agree that it is *soo* ignorant the way ABC handled the post production. It's a good thing I was rolling back-up from right here, otherwise there would be nothing.

        What good are memories of a mega-concert like this with no Sound? I'm trying to get it out to everyone where it should be.

        You traveled there from Bristol, CT. At lesat you had some advance word! My crew here in New York hadn't heard anything until the TV Broadcast, otherwise I can tell you we would've been there too.

        Thanks again for this Great Contribution to our Site, the California Jam Site!

        Scott
        California_Jam

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          Hi Jim,
             My name is Brian from The CalJam Group. I think it's great
          that you went to the California Jam Festival. So many of us
          saw the concert on ABC (In Concert), but I'm sure being there
          must have been a blast.
             There are photos posted in the group.   Here's the Link:
          The very first folder has some great ELP photos.
                                       OR
          Here you'll find a file with Keith Emerson & his flying piano

          There's a few pics of Deep Purple and other bands as well.
          Hope you enjoy!

                                             Brian
                                       Muzishun_2005
          Jim <musebear@...> wrote:
[...]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • caljamscott
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
            --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barham
            <muzishun_2005@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Jim,
            > My name is Brian from The CalJam Group. I think it's great
            > that you went to the California Jam Festival. So many of us
            > saw the concert on ABC (In Concert), but I'm sure being there
            > must have been a blast.
            > There are photos posted in the group. Here's the Link:
            > The very first folder has some great ELP photos.
            > OR
            > http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/California_Jam/files
            > Here you'll find a file with Keith Emerson & his flying piano
            >
            > There's a few pics of Deep Purple and other bands as well.
            > Hope you enjoy!
            >
            > Brian
            > Muzishun_2005
            > Jim <musebear@y...> wrote:
            > How great to find this site and the links... I traveled to Ontario
            > from Bristol, CT with my best friend, hitching our way across the
            > country to get to CalJam. It remains one of the great rock
            memories
            > for me... I even stayed on and lived in Ontario for a while after
            > the gig.
            >
            > How is it that ABC could be so ignorant as to not preserve the
            tapes
            > from the event? That's astounding. I would love to see the entire
            > event again... from the night before in the parking lot (where my
            > asking for a spare joint ended with me having almost three ozs
            > thanks to the generosity of the crowd!) to having the worst
            > sunburned nose EVER (and the waterfight was the BEST and probably
            > the world's largest in history!), it was the most fun I have ever
            > had at a concert.
            >
            > Does anyone remember Linda Lovelace addressing the crowd??? Or
            > Earth, Wind and Fire playing some great funk? I was privileged to
            > see Rare Earth, too; a lot of people simply do not believe that I'm
            > telling the truth when I describe the performances and the list of
            > acts - it's an amazing thing when you consider the sheer size of
            the
            > preparation and the enormous effort it must have been to manage it
            > all.
            >
            > If anyone has any photos from the event, can we please see them?
            >
            > Thanks for keeping the memory alive of one of the greatest concerts
            > the world has ever seen.

            > Sound sample 1970s California

            Service.

            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            Thanks for providing us with that file, Brian. It's good to see you
            here again!

            Let alone when he was spinning around with the thing, but when he
            first started slowly rising up in the air with it everyone become
            hysterical :-)