This was a HUGE story

  • caljamscott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      http://tinyurl.com/yzr3szp
      Beta tapes files

      In the films-this house was a HUGE news story in the early 70s. If you're unfamiliar with the saga the lady refused to sell the house to Citibank under all circumstances. Just refused.

      Within a year after I shot this scene, she finally died and Citibank took over the property and demolished the house which is today the site of the Citibank on Queens Blvd and Woodhaven Blvd.

      This is just another one of my national treasures hidden inside these films of mine.

      You may be familiar with the story. Some New Yorkers of old will be familiar with the story. That's why I shot this particular house and scene. You won't see anything in the area like it today. Go to the folder and see Macyhouse. Let me know if you're familiar with it.

      News coverage was extensive at the time. Of course I don't know who has what, if anything. Stations threw away a lot of soft clips at that time, we awl know "that" har har.

      Btw these films were awl a wrap before California Jam arrived. Just a little tidbit for you. I was documenting the country long before California Jam came around and I was the only one alert enough to put oxide tape to it.

      That reminds me if you look at the DP videos you may notice my pal Ritchie has a Pano of his own onstage. I doubt he made the same high quality signal I made of the Jam.

      Scott
      California_Jam