Hi All! Please join us in the Praise of California Jam!

  • caljamscott
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2004
      Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo! Newsgroup
      devoted totally to California Jam.

      Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!

      Thanks!

      Scott :-)
    • Casey
      Message 2 of 18 , May 4, 2004
        --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
        <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo! Newsgroup
        > devoted totally to California Jam.
        >
        > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Scott :-)

        Scott,

        Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.

        ...The Doid
      • caljamscott
        Message 3 of 18 , May 5, 2004
          --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "Casey" <mfatoldsun@s...>
          wrote:
          > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
          > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
          > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
          Newsgroup
          > > devoted totally to California Jam.
          > >
          > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Scott :-)
          >

          > Scott,
          >
          > Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.
          >

          > ...The Doid
          Hi doid. Thanks for responding! Lemme invite s'more ppl into here...

          Scott
        • Casey
          Message 4 of 18 , May 5, 2004
            <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
            > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "Casey" <mfatoldsun@s...>
            > wrote:
            > > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
            > > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
            > > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
            > Newsgroup
            > > > devoted totally to California Jam.
            > > >
            > > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Scott :-)
            > >

            > > Scott,
            > >
            > > Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.
            > >

            > > ...The Doid
            > Hi doid. Thanks for responding! Lemme invite s'more ppl into here...
            >
            > Scott

            Scott,
            Raddion said he was going to join. Hey, lets invade ARRMO! mwhahaha!

            ...The Doid
          • brian_barham
            Message 5 of 18 , May 6, 2004
              <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
              > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
              Newsgroup
              > devoted totally to California Jam.
              >
              > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Scott :-)

              Scott,
              Thanks for letting me know about this Newsgroup.
              Spread the word? Consider it done!
              When it comes to musical events,
              Cal Jam is at the top of the list.

              The Muzishun
            • caljamscott
              Message 6 of 18 , May 6, 2004
                --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "brian_barham" <muzishun@c...>
                wrote:
                > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
                > Newsgroup
                > > devoted totally to California Jam.
                > >
                > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > >
                > > Scott :-)
                >
                > Scott,
                > Thanks for letting me know about this Newsgroup.
                > Spread the word? Consider it done!
                > When it comes to musical events,
                > Cal Jam is at the top of the list.
                >
                > The Muzishun
                Hey Muzishun-Let's get EVERYONE into this newsgroup. California are
                you listening! It's the Caljam!

                Scott :-)
              • Casey
                Message 7 of 18 , May 8, 2004
                  <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "brian_barham"
                  <muzishun@c...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                  > > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                  > > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
                  > > Newsgroup
                  > > > devoted totally to California Jam.
                  > > >
                  > > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks!
                  > > >
                  > > > Scott :-)
                  > >
                  > > Scott,
                  > > Thanks for letting me know about this Newsgroup.
                  > > Spread the word? Consider it done!
                  > > When it comes to musical events,
                  > > Cal Jam is at the top of the list.
                  > >
                  > > The Muzishun
                  > Hey Muzishun-Let's get EVERYONE into this newsgroup. California are
                  > you listening! It's the Caljam!
                  >
                  > Scott :-)

                  Scott,
                  Did you send that interview CD out to Don yet? Did you get a CD
                  player?

                  ...The Doid
                • caljamscott
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 10, 2004
                    wrote:
                    > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                    > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                    > > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "Casey" <mfatoldsun@s...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                    > > Newsgroup

                    > > > Scott,
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.
                    > > >

                    > > > ...The Doid
                    > > Hi doid. Thanks for responding! Lemme invite s'more ppl into
                    here...

                    > > Scott
                    >
                    > Scott,
                    > Raddion said he was going to join. Hey, lets invade ARRMO!
                    mwhahaha!

                    > ...The Doid
                    Yes, doid let's do that yes! I just don't want any damn "droolers" in
                    here. Why am I MOT getting Board Notifications of the Posts?

                    Scott?
                  • wereolord
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 26, 2004
                      <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                      > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
                      Newsgroup
                      > devoted totally to California Jam.
                      >
                      > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Scott :-)

                      Scott is an imposter

                      I am the real Wereolord

                      Scott must bow down to the Lord of the Wereo.......

                      If Scott does not bow down and pray for immediate succour, the one
                      true Wereolord will bring down vengeance upon the imposter.

                      Listen to the voices in your head Scott.... We are here... We are
                      real.... We control the wereo, not you....
                    • wereolord
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 26, 2004
                        > Hi doid. Thanks for responding! Lemme invite s'more ppl into
                        here...

                        > Scott

                        Scott is an imposter

                        I am the real Wereolord

                        Scott must bow down to the Lord of the Wereo.......

                        Scott.... we are here.... we are the voices.... We control the
                        Wereo, not you.... Don't think you are the chosen one - you are
                        not....

                        The Wereolord has spoken.... Scott must bow down before my might and
                        splendour
                      • wereolord
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 29, 2004
                          > I don't listen to the voices in my head. I listen to the 7" spool
                          > which contains the world's strongest California Jam Signal.
                          >
                          > Scott
                          > The CalJam Daddy

                          You do listen to the voices in your head... that's why we are here
                          in your head ... that's why the wereolord is here... because we are
                          in your head...

                          Forget about the California Jam Scott.... Just listen to us... We
                          are here!!... We are the voices in your head... we are the only
                          music that matters... we are the only voices that matter....
                        • wereogod
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
                            cal jam is a dead dodo

                            i can smell it from here!!

                            <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                            > Thanks to everyone.......
                          • wereogod
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
                              The California Jam is dead. RIP.

                              Let it stay in the past. It was a load of shit anyway. I was there
                              and it was crap.

                              wrote:
                              > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                              > <caljamscott@y...> wrote:
                              > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
                              Newsgroup
                              > > devoted totally to California Jam.
                              > >
                              > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                              > >
                              > > Thanks!
                              > >
                              > > Scott :-)
                              >

                              > Scott,
                              >
                              > Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.
                              >

                              > ...The Doid
                            • wereogod
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
                                > > Thanks for the invite!! Nice score on the book.
                                > >

                                > > ...The Doid
                                > Hi doid. Thanks for responding! Lemme invite s'more ppl into
                                here...

                                > Scott

                                Yes! 400,000 attended, and now less than 25 people can be arsed to
                                talk about it!!!!!

                                I did a wonderful shit the other day. I think I'll start a yahoo
                                group up to celebrate it!!!
                              • wereogod
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004

                                  > Scott,
                                  > Raddion said he was going to join. Hey, lets invade ARRMO!
                                  mwhahaha!

                                  Better still, lets just write shit messages here instead. Scott
                                  likes writing shit on amdp, so he'll love the abusive crap we're
                                  gonna post!!!!

                                  Scott Lifshine is a moron.
                                • wereogod
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004

                                    > Scott,
                                    > Thanks for letting me know about this Newsgroup.
                                    > Spread the word? Consider it done!
                                    > When it comes to musical events,
                                    > Cal Jam is at the top of the list.
                                    >
                                    > The Muzishun

                                    So what was Woodstock then?

                                    Cal Jam was so unimportant by comparison. There hasn't been a film
                                    nor a soundtrack, nor any revival of Cal Jam. Unlike Woodstock.

                                    Lifshine stole an FM transmission and now he thinks he's God. He
                                    needs medication!!!
                                  • sal0104
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 24, 2006
                                      <caljamscott@...> wrote:

                                      > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo! Newsgroup
                                      > devoted totally to California Jam.
                                      >
                                      > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                                      >
                                      > Thanks!
                                      >
                                      > Scott :-)

                                      Hi Scott,
                                      Thanks for doing this. The California Jam was my first ever
                                      concert. I was 13 at the time and my neigbor wo was 16 asked if I
                                      wanted to go.
                                      I had a little league game that day and had to talk my mom into
                                      letting me go. She had no idea what this was or was going to be.

                                      If needed, I saved the review of the concert from the LA times and
                                      still have it, I wrapped it in plastic wrap and it is still good
                                      today. If you don't have this articel I could scan and fax to you.
                                      I also have some photos of the streakers and other things. We got to
                                      the speedway at about 3am so I had a decent view of the stage and
                                      acts. It was a great day and even though I am now 47 it is still
                                      something I remember and probably always will. I have been to
                                      hundreds of concerts since that day (I was hooked on live shows after
                                      that) and nothing has matched that experience. The only problems I
                                      remember was the Seals and Crofts visor incident where they dropped
                                      visors out of a helicopter and the wind blew them over the fencse so
                                      people were climbing and tearing down the fences to try and get the
                                      visors and the water shortages due to the heat. The red cross or
                                      some agency finally dropped empty water jugs from the air to help
                                      people.
                                      It was a great day and I hope somehow the concert footage and audio
                                      of the day do surface.

                                      Please keep me posted on any new news of footage or music that
                                      becomes available from the Jam. I would love to show my kids "dad's
                                      first concert.

                                      Best Regards,
                                      Jim Story.

                                      e-mail--toyboy1959@...
                                    • caljamscott
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 24, 2006
                                        --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "sal0104" <sal0104@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In California_Jam@yahoogroups.com, "caljamscott"
                                        > <caljamscott@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks to everyone for your interest in starting a Yahoo!
                                        Newsgroup
                                        > > devoted totally to California Jam.
                                        > >
                                        > > Please help me to Spread the Word of the California Jam Cheer!
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks!
                                        > >
                                        > > Scott :-)
                                        > >
                                        > Hi Scott,
                                        > Thanks for doing this. The California Jam was my first ever
                                        > concert. I was 13 at the time and my neigbor wo was 16 asked if I
                                        > wanted to go.
                                        > I had a little league game that day and had to talk my mom into
                                        > letting me go. She had no idea what this was or was going to be.
                                        >
                                        > If needed, I saved the review of the concert from the LA times and
                                        > still have it, I wrapped it in plastic wrap and it is still good
                                        > today. If you don't have this articel I could scan and fax to you.
                                        > I also have some photos of the streakers and other things. We got
                                        > the speedway at about 3am so I had a decent view of the stage and
                                        > acts. It was a great day and even though I am now 47 it is still
                                        > something I remember and probably always will. I have been to
                                        > hundreds of concerts since that day (I was hooked on live shows
                                        after
                                        > that) and nothing has matched that experience. The only problems I
                                        > remember was the Seals and Crofts visor incident where they
                                        dropped
                                        > visors out of a helicopter and the wind blew them over the fencse
                                        so
                                        > people were climbing and tearing down the fences to try and get the
                                        > visors and the water shortages due to the heat. The red cross or
                                        > some agency finally dropped empty water jugs from the air to help
                                        > people.
                                        > It was a great day and I hope somehow the concert footage and audio
                                        > of the day do surface.
                                        >
                                        > Please keep me posted on any new news of footage or music that
                                        > becomes available from the Jam. I would love to show my
                                        kids "dad's
                                        > first concert.
                                        >
                                        > Best Regards,
                                        > Jim Story.
                                        >
                                        > e-mail--toyboy1959@...

                                        Hi Jim!

                                        The pleasure is mine for starting this Group. Thanks for reminiscing
                                        with us about the Jam! What better place for us California Jam
                                        afficianados to get together than right here on the premiere Yahoo
                                        Music Group California_Jam?

                                        I think how your mom felt that you didn't know what you were getting
                                        into is a thought shared by many concerned parents at that time. Who
                                        could've PREDICTED April 6th would be like that? Thank goodness we
                                        all got home safely with no major mishaps save a few.

                                        Hay, if you've got paper on the Jam then by all means scan it in and
                                        send it to me. Reviews, especially from the LA Times. I've never even
                                        heard of that one until right now. The photos of the streamers too no
                                        doubt. Need I say every item from the Jam is very important and must
                                        be shared with everyone.

                                        The only thing is I think we're out of room or nearly out of room to
                                        post anymore images from the Jam. So what we can do is post them on a
                                        site like Photobucket if they're still around or some site like that.
                                        There are even Yahoo sites that can handle it. I'm not sure how keen
                                        they are, but they work I know that.

                                        I'll certainly give you contributory credit for that even in the
                                        Front Paragraph, and I'll refer everyone to your link. But scan them
                                        over to me first, I really want to see them ASAP and I'll even give
                                        you a mention in the Site Description.

                                        That's something with the visors being dropped in the wrong place.
                                        The "wind" was an important factor in setting up the Sound Equipment.
                                        I'll post a little rider at the end of this reply regarding the
                                        importance and significance of something as benign as "the Wind."

                                        As far as the water went, I think Bottled Water was not invented at
                                        the time of the Jam. Oh of course I mean WATER was invented but noone
                                        had yet invented the little plastic necks that hold the water inside
                                        the jugs. That's why they set up miles of water troughs on the Site
                                        that you see on the American video. (Which I love to watch
                                        constantly, btw.)

                                        Also I bet nary a person was carrying something as benign as a
                                        Plastic Shopping Bag because THOSE hadn't been invented on our Day
                                        yet either. You may want to verify that Jim or anyone else. In fact,
                                        if anyone has seen the TV show The Odd Couple, this is a wonderful
                                        view into our California Jam Era. Strange gadgets, funny-looking
                                        household furniture, garish garb, weird hair-do's...these all abound
                                        on The Odd Couple TV show.

                                        The audio of the Jam does exist in abundance. I know this because I
                                        can say I ~DID~ the Sound for the Show! Ok, the videos over time I
                                        acquired but I always had the Audio. There's no reason in the world
                                        why your kids shouldn't be given access to this material. I'm always
                                        trying to get it out there, the Sound portions that I did on my own
                                        in particular. We should start a Partition or something on
                                        Partition.com and boycott everything from Disney until they LIFT this
                                        Suppression and Oppression they're laying on us.

                                        I'll do whatever I can to get my California Jam material back to you
                                        and your kids, Jim. Like I say, there's no reason in the world why
                                        this is being oppressed and kept away from everyone. Everything retro
                                        seems to get easy copyright clearance these days EXCEPT for the
                                        California Jam materials. I wonder why ?

                                        Scott
                                        California_Jam

                                        From the Tycobrahe Caljam Sound Engineer's Report:

                                        In the early stages the Jam producers were estimating an
                                        attendance of approximately 60,000, and the initial objective
                                        was to provide coverage only to a distance of 1,000 feet
                                        from the stage.

                                        One of the first factors considered was the
                                        placement of the staging area within the infield to
                                        take advantage of the prevailing winds. The stage
                                        was set on the western quadrant of the field so the
                                        prevailing westerly winds would carry the sound
                                        eastward across the audience area. "We were lucky,"
                                        said Jim Gamble, Tycobrahe Vice President and
                                        Director of Engineering, "The wind blew just the way
                                        it was supposed to all day long. If it didn't, there
                                        would be nothing we could have done to compensate
                                        . . nothing." -Wayne Yentis