just wondering

  • lisalisacats
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
      who is going to the SVAs super auction this Saturday. I have to work
      7:30 am - 3:30 pm so hope to be on the road by 4:30 arriving around
      5:30. If anyone gets there before me make sure to save a couple of
      seats. I'm not sure if I'll be bringing anything to sell. Maybe some
      apple sanils, platties, guppies. Will see how much time I have.

      Lisa from Concord
    • Jeremy Bolanos

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
          I'll be there, I can't wait!

          Linda

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
            I doubt I can make it, but I'd *like* to drop off some fish to sell-- a bunch of my girls are ready to go to new homes. This weekend is a sci fi convention in San Jose as well, and Saturday is typically the big day for programming.

            Can someone post the details (where, what time, etc) for the SVAS meeting?

            On 10/5/06, Linda Ferrol <shrks1fan@... > wrote:
            I'll be there, I can't wait!

            Linda

            --
            Stephanie Bryant
            Author, Videoblogging for Dummies
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
              The meeting is at 7 pm, at Round Table Pizza, 4302 Moorpark Ave., San Jose, CA.  Auction check-in begins early, at 5.

              I'm gonna be there, bringing some Endler's, a pair of kribs, pair of Ameca Splendis (butterfly goodied), some het. formosa livebearers, possibly some halfbeaks, and if I can positively sex them as they're still small, a pair of Betta sp. Mahachai (bubblenester in the splendens complex), and again if I can verify the sex, a single Betta Imbellis that I believe to be a female.

              What/where's the con? I <3 scifi cons!

              Diana

              Stephanie Bryant wrote:

              I doubt I can make it, but I'd *like* to drop off some fish to sell-- a bunch of my girls are ready to go to new homes. This weekend is a sci fi convention in San Jose as well, and Saturday is typically the big day for programming.

              Can someone post the details (where, what time, etc) for the SVAS meeting?

              On 10/5/06, Linda Ferrol <shrks1fan@yahoo. com > wrote:
              I'll be there, I can't wait!

              Linda

              who is going to the SVAs super auction this Saturday. I have to work
              7:30 am - 3:30 pm so hope to be on the road by 4:30 arriving around
              5:30. If anyone gets there before me make sure to save a couple of
              seats. I'm not sure if I'll be bringing anything to sell. Maybe some
              apple sanils, platties, guppies. Will see how much time I have.

              Lisa from Concord

              --
              Stephanie Bryant
              Author, Videoblogging for Dummies
              mortaine@gmail. com
              http://www.mortaine .com/

            • Stephanie Bryant
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                On 10/5/06, Diana Heideman <dheideman@...> wrote:
                The meeting is at 7 pm, at Round Table Pizza, 4302 Moorpark Ave., San Jose, CA.  Auction check-in begins early, at 5.
                What/where's the con? I <3 scifi cons!

                SiliCon is at the DoubleTree Hotel in San Jose-- not too far from Moorpark, actually. Unfortunately, the Masquerade starts at 8 and I have to be there, prepped, close to 7, so I won't be able to take fishies to auction and then go to the con.

                Dangit. October is the big auction blowout, too.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 23, 2007
                  I've read that the play sand is just fine for most fish, it just needs to be cleaned very well of course.  I've also read it's the best substrate for plants.  I'm thinking of changing my main tank to sand as well.  I don't know about the Pleco, however sand is a common substrate, and I would think some of those people have Plecos of some type, so my guess is he'll be fine with it (wouldn't where they come from be a sand substrate?).

                  Linda