Re: [CBS] Trying to spawn gold...

  • l l
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 2:28 AM
      You are right.   I have this white pair, the male is smaller than female.  He couldnot perform the embrace right, she got so frustrated.  She ended up fighting with him and took off one of his eyes.    After healing them for a month, I put them back to spawn.  He ran away whenever she approached to him.

      Thai breeders told me that in order to have a successful breeding pair..  the female must be a little smaller than the male or the same size with the male.   if she is too big or bigger than the male, she will control him.   She will become aggressive.

      Declan Salsedo <mightygoten2002@...> wrote:
      that can happen, i have a blue STF here who got into a
      fight with my green HM and got tore up pretty badly
      because they couldnt perform the embrace right, took a
      whole month before she could swim...dont let it get
      out of control!

      --- June Delane <june@...> wrote:

      > It is very sad, because his fins are *very* blown.
      > I guess I knew it
      > would happen, but was hoping, somehow, he'd emerge
      > from the spawning
      > tank looking the same as when he went in!
      >
      > The spawn itself is going strangely- I had her
      > separated in the tank
      > with him, but he had no nest (in spite of having
      > built a *gorgeous*
      > nest the week after I brought him home).  Sometimes,
      > letting the
      > female out can inspire building, so I released her,
      > and not much
      > happened at all.  I caught her back in the cup but
      > left the lid off,
      > thinking to give them a break, but she jumped back
      > into the main
      > tank, so I have left them be.   Now, his fins are
      > torn, hers are as
      > well, there is still no nest, but they are courting
      > like mad.
      >
      > Just gave them some live food, thinking perhaps a
      > "candle-light meal"
      > would help.  The next step will probably be some Al
      > Green music or
      > something...
      >
      > And Echo- thanks for the offer of the female, but
      > this guy isn't
      > huge, and I'm worried part of the problem might be
      > that the girl is a
      > little big for him.  Plus I really do want to see
      > what I get with the
      > gold crossed with copper.
      >
      > Keep your fingers crossed for me!  Remember that a
      > successful spawn
      > for me means pretty gold fish for the club :^)
      >
      > TTFN,
      > June

      > ---
      > "In the darkness of future past, the magician longs
      > to see.  One chants
      > out between two worlds, FIRE, WALK WITH ME."  Mike,
      > Twin Peaks

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      San jose airportSan jose caSan jose
      Memorial dayBiology

    • Declan Salsedo
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 6:43 AM
        that is correct, if the biggest juvi in a fry tank is
        a male or a female...the biggest will dominate them
        all and take all the food. i say female should be
        around 0.2-0.3 inches smaller in body length, never
        any smaller than 3/4 inch apart or you will get a
        batch of little fish.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jeremy Bolanos
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1 9:19 AM
          I finally gave up on my steel DT male and royal blue female.  After 3 days, they ended up swimming around each other.  The female even worked on the nest, but eventually she dropped her eggs on the bottom of the tank.  He got a little torn.  I'm going to recondition them and try again later.

          Jeremy