swim bladder issues

  • Nicole Field
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 12:05 PM
      I purchased female bettas from Faith at Betta Talk and
      in the culls she gave me :) I got a lovely opaque
      crowntail female that has swimbladder issues. She
      didn't go into any kind of detail just saying that she
      should be kept seperate and she may recover. My
      question is... What causes swim bladder? Is it
      curable? Would having her in a beanie baby container
      within a heated tank help her any? My thinking was
      that it would get her to be more active and then
      exercising more than just going up for air, thus
      getting the muscles to work and process any disease.
      None of my betta or fish books talk about swim bladder
      so I have no idea what causes it or if this theory
      will work. But I think the bladder is a muscle and if
      muscles don't work for a while then they loose their
      strength. Also it might get her to want to swim and
      want to get better thus helping to overcome it...long
      shot I know, but I cured a betta of 6 different
      diseases (all from my boyfriend's house :( ) and I
      think it was beause he never gave up. I don't know, it
      may not work.... but I wanted some info on the disease
      at any rate, and my theory. ;)Thanks in advance.
      Nicole

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com