daphnia/cyclops culture

  • Echosaisis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
          I am emptying out a 10 gallon tank of daphnia/cyclops to use as a spawning tank since the culture is not suitable for culturing daphnia anymore because of the cyclops. I'm now keeping Daphnia Moina, Pulex, and Magna in separate tanks. Please send me an email if anyone is going to be at the Davis meeting and would like a gallon of this water. It is not going to be thick with daphnia/cyclops but there will be some in the water you'll get. (Please dont try to use this culture in the fry tank because cyclops will attack baby newborn fry). This culture would be suitable for keeping as a continious live cyclops/daphnia culture or as live food to often feed to adult fish until its completely gone.  I'm considering bringing some in 1 gallon containers and donating what is left (or at least one) to the raffle.

      Echo
      www.BettaChoice.com