Dr. Lucas's talk on Friday night

  • Christina
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2002
      Is there anyway I can hitch a ride to this talk? Or if there is a group of
      people using public transportation that I could meet up with? I'd come from
      Fremont, but could probably get to other parts of the Bay Area. I'd rather
      not be driving around SF.

      Christina
    • alatri
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2002
        Jim will be carpooling people over to the SFAS talk on Friday.
        We're meeting at the Centennial Hall (because we'll be setting
        up the show room all day Friday), and I think the carpool group
        is leaving at 6:30pm to make it to the talk by 8pm.

        (Some of us are staying to finish setting up, but everybody
        who can go, should -- the SFAS talk will be great! And there's
        always the auction afterwards ;-) -- if anybody has any bettas
        to bring to the SFAS auction, they'll probably go really good!)

        Smiles,
        -- Larissa ^..^

        --- In CaliforniaBettas@y..., Christina <ccherry@u...> wrote:
        > Is there anyway I can hitch a ride to this talk? Or if there is a
        group of
        > people using public transportation that I could meet up with? I'd
        come from
        > Fremont, but could probably get to other parts of the Bay Area.
        I'd rather
        > not be driving around SF.
        >
        > Christina
      • Nicole Field
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2002
          Thanks larissa. Sorry I haven't responded until now,
          but I wanted to be able to fully read the email and
          this was my first chance. I do have some questions
          still. What do I need to bring with my fish? DO I need
          to fill anything out in advance? How early should I
          get there? AND exciting news, my yellow/black bicolor
          is trying to breed. ;) He's building himself a
          bubblenest and flirting with a female (turquoise).
          This time I hope they don't eat the eggs though, or at
          least not all of them! ;)It'll be interesting to see
          what I come out with between these two, if I can save
          them!Ciao!
          Nicole

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • alatri
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2002
            Bring the fish, a filled-out entry form (novice for first-years)
            http://ibc.bettas.org/forms/
            and $2 for each fish being entered in the show (or a check for
            that amount made out to California Betta Society).

            You can bring the fish in on Friday while we're setting up (show
            up any time after 3pm for fish entry -- earlier if you want to help
            <g>), or *very* early Saturday morning. We'll be doing at-door
            registration for fish Saturday morning from 8am to 9am, and the
            judging of the fish will begin promptly at 9am.

            If you need help on deciding what 'class' your fish should
            go in on the entry form, mark on the entry form "judge's help"
            and they'll put the fish in the right category when they see it
            (it's better to at least make an attempt, though -- novice classes
            are pretty straight-forward for colors).

            Good news on your male! That's great that he's trying again.
            Young males do grow. ;-) You should get quite a range of
            colors in the offspring.

            Smiles,
            -- Larissa ^..^

            --- In CaliforniaBettas@y..., Nicole Field <kitty2083@y...> wrote:
            > Thanks larissa. Sorry I haven't responded until now,
            > but I wanted to be able to fully read the email and
            > this was my first chance. I do have some questions
            > still. What do I need to bring with my fish? DO I need
            > to fill anything out in advance? How early should I
            > get there? AND exciting news, my yellow/black bicolor
            > is trying to breed. ;) He's building himself a
            > bubblenest and flirting with a female (turquoise).
            > This time I hope they don't eat the eggs though, or at
            > least not all of them! ;)It'll be interesting to see
            > what I come out with between these two, if I can save
            > them!Ciao!
            > Nicole
          • Nicole Field
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2002
              THanks. I'll be there sat morning. I'd love to help
              with the labels butI don't have the paper for it. I'm
              sorry. :(
              Nicole

              http://health.yahoo.com
            • ADogNamedSarahJo@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 21, 2002
                In a message dated 4/30/02 10:00:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, vega8@...
                writes:

                > how a show
                > goes

                How DOES a show 'go'? I mean ... how do they judge the fish?? For some
                reason, I keep seeing rabbit shows, with cups of fish lined up, people
                standing around a table, and the judge turning the cup, checking out the
                finnage, etc. I wanted to start breeding my fish (as soon as I get quality
                fish) but I'm not sure how the whole *showing* process goes.

                TIA

                ~samantha~