New blood =)

  • Chrystie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hello Everyone!,

      Hi my name is Chrys and I believe I am a new betta enthusiast. I've
      had bettas on and off for a few years before this but, recently, I
      bought a new betta then 'somehow' 4 more followed. At the present
      moment I am not interested in spawning them but, I would like to find
      out more about them. Currently one of my boys (Grouchy) has made a
      massive bubble nest and gets very excited when he sees one of my
      females (Pearl). Anyways, to get to the point, I would like to adopt
      more bettas and was just wondering if anyone in the San Jose, CA area
      has any that I can purchase/adopt. They are very spoiled with a
      mixed diet of pellets and live food. They also are in a pretty warm
      environment. Somehow my apartment stays at a 70-75 degree
      temperature. Well, it's exciting to find out about this group. I
      hope to learn alot from you all. Thanks for taking the time to read
      this. =)

      Chrys
    • kristi_s33
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        Chrys,
        Welcome to the group and the hobby. Isn't it funny how quickly one
        fish can lead to so many more? Just you wait...before you know it
        you'll have more than you can count. LOL These critters are
        addicting. Eh?

        I'm in the Livermore area, but I plan on making it to the next
        meeting wherever it ends up being. I'll be happy to bring you a
        couple fish if you can make it to the meeting as well. What colors,
        finnage, gender, etc. interest you?

        Anyone: Has anything been decided as to where the next meeting will
        be?

        Kristi

        --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Chrystie" <stargazah@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Everyone!,
        >
        > Hi my name is Chrys and I believe I am a new betta enthusiast.
        I've
        > had bettas on and off for a few years before this but, recently, I
        > bought a new betta then 'somehow' 4 more followed. At the present
        > moment I am not interested in spawning them but, I would like to
        find
        > out more about them. Currently one of my boys (Grouchy) has made
        > massive bubble nest and gets very excited when he sees one of my
        > females (Pearl). Anyways, to get to the point, I would like to
        adopt
        > more bettas and was just wondering if anyone in the San Jose, CA
        area
        > has any that I can purchase/adopt. They are very spoiled with a
        > mixed diet of pellets and live food. They also are in a pretty
        warm
        > environment. Somehow my apartment stays at a 70-75 degree
        > temperature. Well, it's exciting to find out about this group. I
        > hope to learn alot from you all. Thanks for taking the time to
        read
        > this. =)
        >
        > Chrys
      • bo_joke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
          HI Chrys

          I have some HM, DT betta to give away. But they are missing
          some fin from grow up. They are about 4-5 months old. Let me know if
          you want it.

          James