Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [CBS] Digest Number 862

Expand Messages
  • belvnmajk
    - are they ready for new homes or will they for the meeting?im hoping to be able to make it to the meeting as i just got a new car (for me anyways :) so no
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 30, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      - are they ready for new homes or will they for the meeting?im
      hoping to be able to make it to the meeting as i just got a new car
      (for me anyways :) so no more worries w/ the van .. thank goodness.
      will you be going to the meeting? you wouldnt happen to have any
      pics would you? thanx marcia


      -- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Alina" <rboyer916@e...>
      wrote:
      >
      > Most are SD, a couple appeared to be very close to HMs. We live in
      > Sacramento.
      > ~Alina
      > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "belvnmajk" <belvnmajk@h..
      > .> wrote:
      > >
      > > -are these sd hm ct or ? im interested in getting a pair where
      are
      > u
      > > located again ? marcia
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > -- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Alina" <rboyer916@e...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a general price range of $5-$15 a pair. Have some nice
      > > little
      > > > fish with nice type. One is a "patriotic' male (has some red
      > > > coloring, which is more than a wash..), and all the males have
      > > some
      > > > blueish turquise on them; some just hues, and others more of a
      > > > grizzle pattern. Allmost all the females are a clean, "white
      > > > copper", but I have about 2 or 3 that have a bit of the bluish-
      > > > turquise color on them.
      > > > ~Alina
      > > > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Winovich
      > > > <kitty2083@y...> wrote:
      > > > > Alina, what are you asking for a copper pair? Or
      > > > > maybe just a female if you have one you'd not mind
      > > > > sparing. Thanks!
      > > > > Nicole
      > > > > > Message: 1
      > > > > > Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:49:38 -0000
      > > > > > From: "Alina" <rboyer916@e...>
      > > > > > Subject: Re: Looking for quality fish
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > You can usually get alot of great deals at the
      > > > > > meeting auctions.
      > > > > > Alot of the members also might have stock avaliable.
      > > > > > I have some
      > > > > > white coppers still looming about :P You can also go
      > > > > > to places like
      > > > > > aquabid.com, www.bcbetta.com/, etc. Sometimes
      > > > > > multipule members are
      > > > > > ordering from the same seller at the same time, so
      > > > > > we ask the seller
      > > > > > to combine shipping and send them to one persons
      > > > > > house, and then
      > > > > > usually pick them up @ the next meeting or
      > > > > > something. I'm planning
      > > > > > to order a few fish or so from Bcbetta on moneday if
      > > > > > you were
      > > > > > looking there.
      > > > > > You should come to the next meeting! You could see
      > > > > > Dennis and
      > > > > > Wendy's lovely fish and drip systems, and meet alot
      > > > > > of the members!
      > > > > >
      > > > > > ~Alina
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com,
      > > > > > "knherplover"
      > > > > > <knherplover@y...> wrote:
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > I am new to this forum. I am looking to purchase
      > > > > > some good
      > > > > > breeding
      > > > > > > stock. I am located in Turlock, by Modesto, CA.
      > > > > > If anyone has
      > > > > > any
      > > > > > > quality bettas for sale, please call me at
      > > > > > (209)667-9034.
      > > > > > > Thank you,
      > > > > > > Kelly
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >
      _____________________________________________________________________
      > > > ___
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >
      _____________________________________________________________________
      > > > ___
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Club Homepage http://cbsbettas.org/
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Community email addresses:
      > > > > > Unsubscribe:
      > > > > > CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      > > > > > List owner: CaliforniaBettas-owner@egroups.com
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > > > > > http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------
      --
      > --
      > > --
      > > > -----
      > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------
      --
      > --
      > > --
      > > > -----
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > __________________________________
      > > > > Do you Yahoo!?
      > > > > Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
      > > > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Jeremy
      Is anyone in the club doing or interested in wild type Bettas? I was thinking of getting some Betta Pugnax from a friend in San Francisco who has been getting
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 1, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        Is anyone in the club doing or interested in wild type Bettas? I was thinking of getting some Betta Pugnax from a friend in San Francisco who has been getting and providing stock through the IBC Species Maintenance Program. Has anyone bred any other wild types?

        The white DTs I got from Florida have all been spoken for. Sorry if I haven't responded to a request (spam filters can be too good). I also received 5 plakat but waiting for them to mature more so I can sex them. They are light purple and so far one possible male has marbling in the fins.

        One of the blue males I got from Wendy and Dennis is enjoying his 10 gallon tank with four wild killifish I got from the BAKA meeting. I tried feeding them different foods per species but the killies will eat anything that touches the water and will fit in their mouth and they aren't afraid of some fancy pants betta getting in the way. Now I just feed them flake food and the betta is gobbling it up as fast as the killies. Once the initial feeding frenzie subsides I drop a couple of betta bits on his head and he eats those too. You should see the killies when I let the males see each other and they display. They all huddle around one corner and just stare. I plan to take the killies to the next SAS meeting then I can start setting up the 10 gallon for breeding. I wonder what the offspring would look like from crossing the blues and the white DTs. hehe

        Jeremy


        ---------------------------------
        Do you Yahoo!?
        Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Alina
        I am pretty sure I ll make it to the next meeting. @ the moment I m still trying to get my camera to cooroperate (already have had 2 30min. picture sessions
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 1, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          I am pretty sure I'll make it to the next meeting. @ the moment I'm
          still trying to get my camera to cooroperate (already have had 2
          30min. "picture sessions" with it, and so far have 0 quaility pics
          of them :(..). Hopefully I can get a few though :)There arn't any
          non-colorded females left though, just the ones with the blue color
          in "bands" on their tails, which, at least isn't a wash:)
          ~Alina
          --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "belvnmajk"
          <belvnmajk@h...> wrote:
          >
          > - are they ready for new homes or will they for the meeting?im
          > hoping to be able to make it to the meeting as i just got a new
          car
          > (for me anyways :) so no more worries w/ the van .. thank
          goodness.
          > will you be going to the meeting? you wouldnt happen to have any
          > pics would you? thanx marcia
          >
          >
          > -- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Alina" <rboyer916@e...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Most are SD, a couple appeared to be very close to HMs. We live
          in
          > > Sacramento.
          > > ~Alina
          > > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "belvnmajk"
          <belvnmajk@h..
          > > .> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > -are these sd hm ct or ? im interested in getting a pair where
          > are
          > > u
          > > > located again ? marcia
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > -- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Alina"
          <rboyer916@e...>
          > > > wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > I have a general price range of $5-$15 a pair. Have some
          nice
          > > > little
          > > > > fish with nice type. One is a "patriotic' male (has some red
          > > > > coloring, which is more than a wash..), and all the males
          have
          > > > some
          > > > > blueish turquise on them; some just hues, and others more of
          a
          > > > > grizzle pattern. Allmost all the females are a clean, "white
          > > > > copper", but I have about 2 or 3 that have a bit of the
          bluish-
          > > > > turquise color on them.
          > > > > ~Alina
          > > > > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Winovich
          > > > > <kitty2083@y...> wrote:
          > > > > > Alina, what are you asking for a copper pair? Or
          > > > > > maybe just a female if you have one you'd not mind
          > > > > > sparing. Thanks!
          > > > > > Nicole
          > > > > > > Message: 1
          > > > > > > Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:49:38 -0000
          > > > > > > From: "Alina" <rboyer916@e...>
          > > > > > > Subject: Re: Looking for quality fish
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > You can usually get alot of great deals at the
          > > > > > > meeting auctions.
          > > > > > > Alot of the members also might have stock avaliable.
          > > > > > > I have some
          > > > > > > white coppers still looming about :P You can also go
          > > > > > > to places like
          > > > > > > aquabid.com, www.bcbetta.com/, etc. Sometimes
          > > > > > > multipule members are
          > > > > > > ordering from the same seller at the same time, so
          > > > > > > we ask the seller
          > > > > > > to combine shipping and send them to one persons
          > > > > > > house, and then
          > > > > > > usually pick them up @ the next meeting or
          > > > > > > something. I'm planning
          > > > > > > to order a few fish or so from Bcbetta on moneday if
          > > > > > > you were
          > > > > > > looking there.
          > > > > > > You should come to the next meeting! You could see
          > > > > > > Dennis and
          > > > > > > Wendy's lovely fish and drip systems, and meet alot
          > > > > > > of the members!
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > ~Alina
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com,
          > > > > > > "knherplover"
          > > > > > > <knherplover@y...> wrote:
          > > > > > > >
          > > > > > > > I am new to this forum. I am looking to purchase
          > > > > > > some good
          > > > > > > breeding
          > > > > > > > stock. I am located in Turlock, by Modesto, CA.
          > > > > > > If anyone has
          > > > > > > any
          > > > > > > > quality bettas for sale, please call me at
          > > > > > > (209)667-9034.
          > > > > > > > Thank you,
          > > > > > > > Kelly
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > >
          > > >
          > >
          >
          _____________________________________________________________________
          > > > > ___
          > > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > >
          > > >
          > >
          >
          _____________________________________________________________________
          > > > > ___
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > Club Homepage http://cbsbettas.org/
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > Community email addresses:
          > > > > > > Unsubscribe:
          > > > > > > CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          > > > > > > List owner: CaliforniaBettas-owner@egroups.com
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > > > > > > http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > -----------------------------------------------------------
          --
          > --
          > > --
          > > > --
          > > > > -----
          > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > > CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > -----------------------------------------------------------
          --
          > --
          > > --
          > > > --
          > > > > -----
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > >
          > > > > > __________________________________
          > > > > > Do you Yahoo!?
          > > > > > Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
          > > > > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Jeremy Bolanos
          Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type bettas? Thanks, Jeremy
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type bettas?

            Thanks,
             
            Jeremy
          • Declan Salsedo
            I only have one simplex left, the male somehow disappeared from the tank, never found the body or anything:( ...
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              I only have one simplex left, the male somehow
              "disappeared" from the tank, never found the body or
              anything:(

              --- Jeremy Bolanos <jeremy_bolanos@...>
              wrote:

              > Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type
              > bettas?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Jeremy
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Molly L
              I ve got a few silver imbellis from Atison, but that s it insofar as wild types go. --Molly
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                I've got a few silver imbellis from Atison, but that's it insofar as
                wild types go.

                --Molly

                Jeremy Bolanos wrote:
                > Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type bettas?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Jeremy
                >
                >
                > Club Homepage http://cbsbettas.org/
                >
                > Community email addresses:
                > Unsubscribe: CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@egroups.com
                > List owner: CaliforniaBettas-owner@egroups.com
                >
                > Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                > * Visit your group "CaliforniaBettas
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CaliforniaBettas>" on the web.
                >
                > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                > CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                >
                > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                >
              • Alina
                I ve still got all mine- pair of Kaupas, and two females picta...Have yet to spawn, but I ve just had them all in a 10 gal communal tank together... ~Alina
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  I've still got all mine- pair of Kaupas, and two females picta...Have
                  yet to spawn, but I've just had them all in a 10 gal 'communal' tank
                  together...
                  ~Alina
                  --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy Bolanos
                  <jeremy_bolanos@s...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type bettas?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Jeremy
                  >
                • Jimmie R Davis
                  ... I was helping a friend in her pet shop for a while. One day, a customer came in to buy more Hatchet Fish. She said they kept disappearing. I asked her
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    At 05:13 PM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
                     the male somehow
                    "disappeared" from the tank, never found the body or
                    anything:(
                      I was helping a friend in her pet shop for a while.  One day, a customer came in to buy "more" Hatchet Fish.  She said they kept disappearing.  I asked her if she had a good cover, because Hatchet Fish can cover several feet in a leap.  She said no she didn't have a cover.  She exclaimed, "No wonder the cats sit around the tank all the time." She went home with eight more Hatchet Fish, and a cover for the tank.
                                                                              Nadine
                  • Linda Ferrol
                    I ve still got the mouthbrooder pair you sent me...although I m so tired at the moment I m drawing a blank on the breed name, Lol. They ve never produced any
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I've still got the mouthbrooder pair you sent
                      me...although I'm so tired at the moment I'm drawing a
                      blank on the breed name, Lol.

                      They've never produced any babies though, just living
                      in their tank together, Lol

                      Linda

                      --- Jeremy Bolanos <jeremy_bolanos@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type
                      > bettas?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Jeremy
                      >


                      __________________________________________________
                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Echosaisis@aol.com
                      Sounds like my mom and dad, surprised they even spawned to produce me. In a message dated 1/20/2006 10:16:40 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shrks1fan@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Sounds like my mom and dad, surprised they even spawned to produce me.
                         
                         
                        In a message dated 1/20/2006 10:16:40 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shrks1fan@... writes:
                        I've still got the mouthbrooder pair you sent
                        me...although I'm so tired at the moment I'm drawing a
                        blank on the breed name, Lol.

                        They've never produced any babies though, just living
                        in their tank together, Lol

                        Linda

                        --- Jeremy Bolanos <jeremy_bolanos@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Is anyone in the club still keeping wild type
                        > bettas?
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >   
                        >   Jeremy
                        >


                        __________________________________________________
                        Do You Yahoo!?
                        Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                        http://mail.yahoo.com


                        Club Homepage http://cbsbettas.org/

                        Community email addresses:
                        Unsubscribe: CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@egroups.com
                        List owner: CaliforniaBettas-owner@egroups.com

                        Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CaliforniaBettas/

                        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                            CaliforniaBettas-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



                         
                      • DJL
                        lol he was covered...unless he somehow jumped through the little thing that i lift up to feed him, but he would have had to be strong to lift the little flap.
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 20, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          lol he was covered...unless he somehow jumped through the little thing
                          that i lift up to feed him, but he would have had to be strong to lift
                          the little flap.

                          --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, Jimmie R Davis <jrdavis@b...>
                          wrote:
                          >
                          > At 05:13 PM 1/20/2006, you wrote:
                          > > the male somehow
                          > >"disappeared" from the tank, never found the body or
                          > >anything:(
                          > I was helping a friend in her pet shop for a while. One day, a
                          customer came in to buy "more" Hatchet Fish. She said they kept
                          disappearing. I asked her if she had a good cover, because Hatchet
                          Fish can cover several feet in a leap. She said no she didn't have a
                          cover. She exclaimed, "No wonder the cats sit around the tank all the
                          time." She went home with eight more Hatchet Fish, and a cover for the
                          tank.
                          > Nadine
                          >
                        • Erica Busch
                          =0) Hey everybody! I ll be going to the meeting on Saturday, and I wanted to bring some of my 3 month-old juvies. I mostly have HM/Super Delta females...
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 22, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            =0) Hey everybody! I'll be going to the meeting on Saturday, and I wanted to bring some of my 3 month-old juvies. I mostly have HM/Super Delta females... colors range from solid Turquoise to Mint Green. I also have green Marble girls, if anyone's interested. Super healthy, active, and eating everything. All of the girls I'm bringing have been jarred in 6 litres each with IAL. I can also bring boys, but all of my better quality boys have been sold... most that I have left are pet/breeding quality, and still very gorgeous!
                             
                            I created a group album (Erica's Bettas) with pictures of the parents, growth of the babies and a few pics of the juvie boys I have. The one male in the album that is Green BF HM has a very slightly bent spine, and he's still available, he would be an awesome breeder. All of the solid girls look like Mom, really beautiful coloring and finnage! They're all ready to spawn. There was not even a hint of red-wash in this spawn and all of the boys have very moderate and balanced finnage, this is a wonderful line.
                             
                            Please e-mail me if you're interested, each female is $5. ^_^
                             
                             
                            ~Erica


                            Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
                            Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!
                          • June Delane
                            ... I d love at least one- a secretary at one of the schools I teach at wants a betta for her son, and he has always wanted a green one. They re very good fish
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 22, 2006
                            • 0 Attachment
                              On Jan 22, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Erica Busch wrote:

                              > =0) Hey everybody! I'll be going to the meeting on Saturday, and I
                              > wanted to bring some of my 3 month-old juvies. I mostly have HM/
                              > Super Delta females... colors range from solid Turquoise to Mint
                              > Green.

                              I'd love at least one- a secretary at one of the schools I teach at
                              wants a betta for her son, and he has always wanted a green one.
                              They're very good fish people- I have given them fish before and all
                              but one have lived good, healthy lives.

                              TTFN,
                              June



                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              ----
                              "Morning found us calmly unaware; Noon burn gold into our hair; At
                              night, we swim the laughin' sea; When summer's gone
                              Where will we be..." the Doors, _Summer's Almost Gone_
                            • DJL
                              Hi,i wouldnt mind getting a female from your lines...trying to mix them up alittle:) Do you seriously have HM or near HM females? I definately want to put dibs
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 23, 2006
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Hi,i wouldnt mind getting a female from your lines...trying to mix
                                them up alittle:) Do you seriously have HM or near HM females? I
                                definately want to put dibs on one of those!

                                --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, Erica Busch
                                <ihartgonzo@y...> wrote:
                                >
                                > =0) Hey everybody! I'll be going to the meeting on Saturday, and I
                                wanted to bring some of my 3 month-old juvies. I mostly have HM/Super
                                Delta females... colors range from solid Turquoise to Mint Green. I
                                also have green Marble girls, if anyone's interested. Super healthy,
                                active, and eating everything. All of the girls I'm bringing have
                                been jarred in 6 litres each with IAL. I can also bring boys, but all
                                of my better quality boys have been sold... most that I have left are
                                pet/breeding quality, and still very gorgeous!
                                >
                                > I created a group album (Erica's Bettas) with pictures of the
                                parents, growth of the babies and a few pics of the juvie boys I
                                have. The one male in the album that is Green BF HM has a very
                                slightly bent spine, and he's still available, he would be an awesome
                                breeder. All of the solid girls look like Mom, really beautiful
                                coloring and finnage! They're all ready to spawn. There was not even
                                a hint of red-wash in this spawn and all of the boys have very
                                moderate and balanced finnage, this is a wonderful line.
                                >
                                > Please e-mail me if you're interested, each female is $5. ^_^
                                >
                                >
                                > ~Erica
                                >
                                >
                                > ---------------------------------
                                > Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
                                > Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!
                                >
                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.