Re: [CBS] anyone have some nice bettas for sale

  • cindyallegro@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi evreyone,
      my femail is not eating the pelits i'v been feding her, she onely eats the
      blod womes.
      (I'v been alternating betwen the too.) Is she just picy or is somthing rong
      with her?
      Thanks for the hellp Bella
    • Linda Ferrol
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
        Sounds like she is just picky, I know many Bettas
        won't eat the pellets and prefer the bloodworms, as
        long as she is eating then I wouldn't worry about her
        unless you see other problems too.

        Linda
        --- cindyallegro@... wrote:

        > Hi evreyone,
        > my femail is not eating the pelits i'v been feding
        > her, she onely eats the
        > blod womes.
        > (I'v been alternating betwen the too.) Is she just
        > picy or is somthing rong
        > with her?
        > Thanks for the hellp Bella

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Paul Leong
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
          Bettas can be picky but you can to a certain extent, train them. I had
          bettas that prefer live foods only but was able to train them to eat pellet
          food. In my case, it was Baby Brine Shrimp (BBS) and the bettas would
          ignore or spit out the pellets.

          I employ two methods to get them to consider eating pellet food. First
          method will be to introduce very small amount of pellet food while feeding
          live food. Bettas are curious creatures and some of them will take it and
          some will not. That is ok and that is the reason that you introduce very
          small amount at the beginning. Make sure that your pellets are grounded
          enough so they can take it easily. If it too big, it might intimidate them.
          Once they have a taste for it, apply the second method of introducing just
          the grounded pellets and time it during those times that they look hungry.

          It might take you 3-5 attempts before they get used to it. Then you can
          increase the amounts but control the release of the food in such a way that
          it comes in very small amounts per sprinkling. Try to avoid the grounded
          pellets from reaching the bottom until they are used to picking food from
          the bottom. Try your best to avoid or minimize uneaten grounded pellets
          hence the reason for releasing food in very small amounts and at intervals.
          Besides, bettas tend to get confused or ignore the pellet food when you
          introduce large amounts at a time. In addition to polluting their water
          environment.

          Happy Betta rearing!

          Paul

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 3, 2004
            My guess would be she is just picky. I have a male that will not eat flake
            food but loves everything else, including blood worms!