Re: LFS

  • d0nxd0n@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2000
      Karlton wrote:
      <<<I think Aqua123 is the distributor--they also carry that brand anyway.I
      believe it's made in China as well.Not sure how well they're made, but they
      have a lot of what look likehigh end features (integrated lighting fixtures,
      for example). They don't seem to advertise in either TFH or Aquarium Fish
      magazine. The tanks are madeof some kind of plastic or plexiglas, right?>>>

      I have no idea. It's supposedly real glass that's curved. The Jebo hood looks
      like an Eclipse hood. The Aqua City review is up
      (http://www.geocities.com/LFSinSFO/aquacity.html). Hopefully I can take some
      pictures of the inside of Alameda Aquatics by Sunday afternoon (I asked
      permission to do this on Saturday and they said I can)and have it up on the
      website Sunday night.

      Don
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2000
        Hmmm... that's interesting Wright. You state that "Please give any store
        carrying painted fish (dye injected) a *much* worse rating than this. Like
        "zero" would fit the choice of many of us here on this list." So why didn't
        you give Aqua City a rating of zero but instead a 2.5 even though they carry
        painted fish? Giving a rating of 0 to any LFS that carries painted fish will
        also impact the rating that I gave Superway Aquarium (didn't you like this
        LFS?) which carries painted fish. I agree though that my rating of 4.5 was
        high for Aqua City.

        Don