Re: CBS Next Show Confirmed May 12

  • doeskin9
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2012
      Hi Joe,

      Definitely helps! Any and all input is most welcome.

      As far as bags go, the smallest width I have found (so far) is 3"x18". Do you know of a source that has the 2"? I am also going to send off a pet fish for a buddy in Chicago (with insulated box - anyone know a good source for these? ...and heat pack) would the 2 or 3x18 contain enough oxygen for Priority mail do you think? Just trying to get all this information researched before I make the plunge and purchase some shiping materials.

      I will definitely look into New Breeder Standards (I am assuming this is also someting I can look up at IBC's newsgroup)!

      Thanks again!

      Shawna

      --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Cooper" <abqbb1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Shawna
      >
      > I'll jump in a head of Larissa, I don't think she will mind.
      >
      > For bags I would use eighteen inch bags two inches wide, no more than three
      > inches wide. The reason I prefer eighteen inch bags is to give folks bagging
      > enough length for quick/easy bagging. There is nothing worse at the end of
      > the evening when club members are trying to hurry and have to deal with
      > tying twelve or fifteen inch bags.
      >
      > Before you start bagging fish look at the standards for new breeders and
      > make sure your fish fit the class you are planning to enter. If you are
      > unsure label them class help and the judges will put them where they belong.
      >
      > As far as entering fish as a family you can enter the fish under
      > both names or if you prefer to compete with each other then enter them
      > separately.
      >
      > I hope this helps,
      >
      > Joe

    • Joe Cooper
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2012

        Hi Shawna,

        I don’t know of a source for two inch bags but I’m sure someone on the list has a source. Two or three inch bags are plenty big enough for shipping a betta. Bettas only need 3-4 ounces of water so the bag can be tied with 6-8 inches of air space. IBC stock shop sells heat packs and may have two inch bags.

        For the box use a Post Office Priority mail box. If you are handy cut some foam to line the box and all should be well.