Sad news for South Bay fishkeepers..

  • June
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2000
      At least *I* think it is sad news... apparently, The Fish Tank Milpitas is
      closing its doors for good. Some sort of family emergency made it
      necessary (from what I understand) for them to pick which store to keep
      open, and the Sunnyvale store was chosen (probably because of the
      *outrageous* rents Shapell charges for their Milpitas Blvd. property!).
      So... unless there is some wonderful LFS in Fremont or San Jose, I'll have
      to head over to Sunnyvale to buy fish (I'll order my supplies from That
      Fish Place). Not to mention, if I spawn again and end up with as many fry
      (hope not) as last time... trucking them over to Sunnyvale to sell will be
      a pain!

      <sigh> It feels like the Local Fish Store is losing the battle against
      on-line bargain places (which I have been guilty of patronizing) and
      pet warehouses.

      TTFN,
      June
    • Larissa
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2000
        Actually, the Sunnyvale store was sold to a new owner. I imagine
        they just couldn't find a buyer for the Milpitas store. I rather like the
        looks of the new owners of the Sunnyvale one, though they're still
        trying to figure a few things out.

        That's too bad the Milpitas one isn't continuing. There aren't really
        any LFS's that close. :(

        -- Larissa ^..^