[CBS] Re: Dying juveniles

  • hamim
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2011
      All of my Bettas have recovered and doing fine now.
      Thanks Christine and specially Joe who's always supported me from the very beginning. :)

      --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "hamim" <hamimahmed@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Joe :)
      > I'm on it. Whew!! Feeling like it saved my life. I'll keep updating.
      > thanks.
      >
      > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Cooper" <abqbb1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Hamim,
      > >
      > > If you don not have access to Acriflavine then use salt, preferably without
      > > iodine added to the salt. (Common in the USA)
      > >
      > > I would use (one tablespoon)18 grams per five gallons of water.
      > >
      > > Bettas are salt tolerant, you should see results very quickly. Twenty for
      > > hours later change 50% of the water and add 9 grams of salt. By the third
      > > day the fish should be back to normal so change 50% of the water again but
      > > do not add any more salt unless the fish are still showing symptoms of
      > > velvet.
      > >

      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Joe

    • Renee Fraser
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 6, 2011

        Good to hear!!  Congrat's!!!

        All of my Bettas have recovered and doing fine now.
        Thanks Christine and specially Joe who's always supported me from the very beginning. :)

        --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "hamim" <hamimahmed@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Joe :)
        > I'm on it. Whew!! Feeling like it saved my life. I'll keep updating.
        > thanks.
        >
        > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Cooper" <abqbb1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Hamim,
        > >
        > > If you don not have access to Acriflavine then use salt, preferably without
        > > iodine added to the salt. (Common in the USA)
        > >
        > > I would use (one tablespoon)18 grams per five gallons of water.
        > >
        > > Bettas are salt tolerant, you should see results very quickly. Twenty for
        > > hours later change 50% of the water and add 9 grams of salt. By the third
        > > day the fish should be back to normal so change 50% of the water again but
        > > do not add any more salt unless the fish are still showing symptoms of
        > > velvet.
        > >

        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Joe

      • Joe Cooper
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 9, 2011

          Hi All,

                          Jeremy, have you spawned your new fish yet?

          Anyone else have spawns in the works? I just set up a multi male with an older steel blue double tail female. This gal is always eager to spawn, she darn near killed a male during one attempt so I’m watching the pair very closely.

          It’s starting to cool down here in NM so it’s time to move the fish off the back patio back to the fish room. Kathy and I were in SoCal last week and it was HOT! AND humid compared to Cedar Crest. We’re receiving some rain but apparently not enough to stimulate male bettas to build nests. L

          Take care ,

          Joe