Re: copper plakats

  • wm_crash
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2003
      Ahoy,

      I think we first have to decide if B. imbellis is a species on its
      own, or just a variation on B. splendens. There are conflicting
      opinions floating around.

      Regardless, I think most of the copper genetic makeup is Betta sp.
      Mahachai. And given the limited number of true sp. Mahachai floating
      around, I think it's a scary thought.

      On a similar note, I have seen VT B. smaragdina. Now where does that
      one go once we forget that VTs are banned from competitions ?

      BTW, my coppers spawned about 3 weeks ago and babies are doing great.
      Parents are larger than initially, but still shorter than the average
      sized plakat. Female got much darker and has a clear purple hue. If
      anyone wants to borrow them for some spawning, drop me an email.

      take care,
      wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

      --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "knJcooper" <knjincvc@p...>
      wrote:
      > Friendly hooligan,
      > Copper (whatever) where entered at convention as copper
      > Imbellis. It seems there are Imbellis hybrids out there, so buyer
      > beware!!! The fish are very striking and must be entered in b.
      Splenden

      http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas