Thank You!

  • agt2877
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hello everybody. I would like to thank everyone who was at the
      barbeque meeting in Folsom, special thanks to Dennis and Wendy for
      their hospitality. I had a great time and I also became a member of
      the CBS, I got my free trio of real nice fish. I look forward to
      seeing everyone at the next meeting.
      Thank you,
      Alfredo
    • June Delane
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 09:23 PM, agt2877 wrote:

        > Hello everybody. I would like to thank everyone who was at the
        > barbeque meeting in Folsom, special thanks to Dennis and Wendy for
        > their hospitality. I had a great time and I also became a member of
        > the CBS,

        Let me tag along with your email to thank you for coming, and all the
        rest of the new folks (and "old") who were there on Saturday. And
        three cheers for Wendy and Dennis (and to Kathy for her help, too!) for
        the wonderful BBQ and hospitality. Tomorrow... I rearrange the space
        room to accommodate one more spawning tank (for Ariel's opaques).
        There's always room for one more!

        TTFN,
        June

        ------------------------
        The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
        way
        its animals are treated . . . I hold that, the more helpless a creature,
        the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
        [Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948]
      • Diane Chesebro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
          Hi to all Betta members, I was pleasure for my son Alex and I to meet
          everyone. You were all so helpful with your advise, supplies and even
          fish.
          I may need help for my son in the future with fish ananomious with I'm
          sure several of you belong to. ;-).
          Special thanks to Wendy and Dennis for their hospitality and the
          special advise.
          I do have one basic question . How often do most of you feed your
          fish?
          Thanks in advance Diane Chesebro
        • Carol Noble
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
            Hi,
            I feed every day, the big community tanks get a combination of live and dry
            foods but those fish in jars only get fed live food as it does not muck up
            the water as bad. In the wild the fish eat often in small amounts and when
            breeding will some times go five to seven day with out eating. It does not
            seem to hurt the fish to go a day with out and some feed six days then one
            day off so they feed better but this is personal preference and I want my
            kids in top condition for breeding so everyday is my way.
            carol

            >Hi to all Betta members, I was pleasure for my son Alex and I to meet
            >everyone. You were all so helpful with your advise, supplies and even
            >fish.
            >I may need help for my son in the future with fish ananomious with I'm
            >sure several of you belong to. ;-).
            > Special thanks to Wendy and Dennis for their hospitality and the
            >special advise.
            > I do have one basic question . How often do most of you feed your
            >fish?
            >Thanks in advance Diane Chesebro
            >

            >Club Homepage http://cbs.bettas.org/
            >
            >Community email addresses:
            >
            >Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas

          • Carol Noble
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
              Hi wanted to thank all the new members for not making me feel like I was
              bending their ear giving out advice. I had a great time and hope not one
              felt too much was said. Great BBQ Dennis and Wendy and thanks for letting
              me get the genetics I really was hoping for.
              Carol

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
                Whoops! I forgot to thank Carol for the three males she brought for my
                school secretary! She was *thrilled* with them, her daughter had hers
                picked out of the three before school even started on Monday. Thanks
                again! Now, to set up a spawning tank for Ariel's pair, and get the
                reds out of mine so I can start working on the pair I bought!

                TTFN,
                June

                -------
                "What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your
                entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't
                know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving
                you mad. "
                Morpheus, _The Matrix_
              • DP Lee
                Message 7 of 7 , May 23, 2005
                  Thank you to all for the kind comments regarding the barbeque
                  meeting. A great bunch of people, great food, and lots of fish talk,
                  what can be better. Thanks to everyone who brought food and fish for
                  the auction, again, some great fish when for next to nothing and we
                  hope to see some of their progeny at future meetings.

                  Thank you to Alina for the red pair (auction fish), we will
                  incorporate them into our red line with hopefully more improvements
                  in fin and color.

                  Wendy and Dennis