Re: [CBS] Re: Ferris' Fishy Adventure!

  • Jimmie R Davis
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 1, 2009
      My cats love to drink out of the water flowing out of the HOB on my 135.
                                                                           Nadine

      At 10:26 PM 6/30/2009, you wrote:

      LOL!!!! Poor Ferris!

      My cats have done similar things, though not quite so dramatically. Lemur in particular is just fascinated with water, especially yummy fishy water. I can totally picture what happened with Ferris - too bad there's no real picture. ;D

      -- Lari

      --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, June Delane <june@...> wrote:

      > An amusing story, while I'm here- was cleaning tanks today, and
      > generally, a week or so prior, I fill up a "fish only" green 30g
      > garbage can with water in the fishroom, and let it sit so I have room
      > temp, treated water for changing. I've never had a problem with it
      > being open while I'm doing the tanks (while I'm "aging" it, it stays
      > shut, of course). So today, it's sitting, open, and (luckily) most of
      > it is gone, probably a foot or so of water in the bottom. I'm messing
      > with tanks, and hear a huge splash and a really unhappy sound- Ferris
      > had either leaned in too far (there was a barstool sitting next to the
      > trash can) or jumped *into* it, and then managed to fling himself out
      > and was sputtering mad! I managed to grab him in a towel I had handy,
      > and get him dried off, but the next hour was spent licking himself and
      > glaring at me, and the trash can, at turns. He is often very
      > interested in water and likes to play in it, but I suspect that will
      > be the *last* time that happens!
      >
      > TTFN,
      > June

    • Jimmie R Davis
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 1, 2009
        My cats have fallen into my 135.  The glass on top broke when Mozart's weight hit it.  I am going to replace it with thicker glass.
                                                                                                   Nadine

        At 08:20 AM 7/1/2009, you wrote:

        On Jul 1, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Christine Tanner wrote:

        > Omg I love Ferris!

        This is a fairly common reaction, which is why I "bulge check" guests
        departing from my home :^)

        > Poor Ferris, he will be working overtime plotting revenge now. ;)

        At least he doesn't relate the experience to me directly. He's more
        likely trying to figure out how to make the trash bin disappear
        quietly in some landfill somewhere... He loves to drink the fish
        water from the tanks, etc. too, and I always thought that would be how
        he'd "fall in", not the bin.

        And of course, unless something odd happens, I'll be around to help
        with a Fall show, so Larissa- you'll have support in your madness.

        TTFN,
        June