Re: [CaliforniaBettas] San Francisco Fish Shop Tour

  • MJPinckard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2000
      Boo-hoo... I can't make it... I have a prior commitment (playing at a friend's wedding). Wish I
      could, it sounds really neat.

      Have fun,

      Maggie

      Larissa wrote:

      > This Saturday the 17th... Third Saturday of the month.
      >
      > What was that you were saying the other day about
      > the plant club having something going on Sunday?
      > That sounded nifty and I forgot to look up the details.
      >
      > --Lari ^..^
      >
      > At 6/13/00 03:15 PM , Wright Huntley wrote:
      > >Neat! By all means, carpool, as parking in much of SF is atrocious.
      > >
      > >Somehow I missed finding a date in here. ;-)
      > >
      > >Wright
      > >
      > >Wendy McKenna wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Hi all! As some of you know, we had planned a novel idea for our
      > >> next
      > >> club meeting....a local fish shop tour in San Francisco. I have
      > >> planned out a route to start with lunch at 11:30 at Roundtable Pizza
      > >> on Geary Blvd & 16th Avenue (5160 Geary) in SF and then we'll take
      > >> off
      > >> from there.
      > >>
      > >> First stop:
      > >> Fairy Lake Discus Palace
      > >> 1609 Clement Street, San Francisco
      > >> 415-752-3527
      > >>
      > >> Next stop:
      > >> Nippon Goldfish Company
      > >> 3109 Geary Blvd., San Francisco
      > >> 415-668-2203
      > >>
      > >> Third stop:
      > >> Ocean Aquarium
      > >> 120 Cedar Street, San Francisco
      > >> 415-771-3206
      > >>
      > >> Last stop:
      > >> Ocean Queen Aquarium
      > >> 5483 Mission Street, San Francisco
      > >> 415-333-2391
      > >>
      > >> HOME!
      > >>
      > >> If you would like any further clarification and/or are interested in
      > >> carpooling, please reply with your location and we'll see if we can
      > >> work something out. Also, either way, please let me know if you had
      > >> planned on attending. :)
      > >>
      > >> Hope to see you all there!
      > >> Wendy

      > >> How about a flat, no-fee long distance rate of 6.7ยข per min. -
      > >> or less? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you rates which
      > >> fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
      > >> http://click.egroups.com/1/3820/6/_/549428/_/960933999/
      > >>
      > >> Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas
      > >
      > >--
      > >Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679 huntleyone at home dot com
      > >
      > > It was all for naught. Taxation with representation sucks too!
      > > *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***

      > >Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas

      > http://im.yahoo.com
      > [Image]

      [Image]

      > [Image]
      >
      > Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CaliforniaBettas

      --
      * Margaret Pinckard
      * MJPinckard@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2000
        Larissa wrote:

        > This Saturday the 17th... Third Saturday of the month.
        >
        > What was that you were saying the other day about
        > the plant club having something going on Sunday?
        > That sounded nifty and I forgot to look up the details.

        Actually some of us are going on a field trip with Tom Barr to look at
        plants in the wild at Pt. Reyes on Sat., and then Sunday is our irregular
        monthly meeting as an open house at Michael LaFlamme's (sp?) to see his
        tanks in the afternoon. I plan to tour the fish shops on that trip, as I
        must be in San Raphael by noon on Sat.

        We got too much fish stuff going on in the Bay Area, IMHO. [Love it, tho!]

        Wright

        --

      • ccherry@uclink4.berkeley.edu
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2000
          Hi, I was wondering if any of you order from ShastaBert/ Jess. I think
          Larissa, you said you got the yellow you gave me from him. I was interested
          in his Spawn #4 with his Unusual line, but I couldn't e-mail him from his
          site. If you have his e-mail, could you send it, and if anyone is
          interested in getting any of these pretty fish from him in the SF Bay Area
          let me know, maybe we can do a collaborative fish order.

          Thanks for the fishes, Larissa. They are doing great. I might be getting
          more fishes in today. Sorry I can't come to the meeting this month (it's my
          grandma's birthday that day), but the trip to SF fish stores sounds really
          really great. I wish I could come. I'll see you guys next month.

          Christina

        • Larissa
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2000
            Hi Ho! ;-)

            At 6/13/00 04:41 PM , ccherry@... wrote:
            >Hi, I was wondering if any of you order from ShastaBert/ Jess. I think
            >Larissa, you said you got the yellow you gave me from him.

            Yep. ;-)

            > I was interested
            >in his Spawn #4 with his Unusual line, but I couldn't e-mail him from his
            >site. If you have his e-mail, could you send it,

            Jess' email is ShastaBert@... and I was talking
            to him on Saturday, so it still worked at that point... ;-)

            > and if anyone is
            >interested in getting any of these pretty fish from him in the SF Bay Area
            >let me know, maybe we can do a collaborative fish order.

            Not at the moment... ;-) Next time we'll definitely have to
            get together on it!

            >Thanks for the fishes, Larissa. They are doing great. I might be getting
            >more fishes in today. Sorry I can't come to the meeting this month (it's my
            >grandma's birthday that day), but the trip to SF fish stores sounds really
            >really great. I wish I could come. I'll see you guys next month.

            Heh. I can't come either. :( :(

            Have fun with your fish!
            Smiles,
            -- Larissa ^..^

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • ccherry@uclink4.berkeley.edu
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2000
              Oops, I meant Spawn #7, his Spawn #4 is sold out. Thanks for the address,
              Larissa, I just e-mailed him.
              I just got 5 more fish! Catherine sent them from Burbank, its so cool to be
              surrounded by so many fish.

              Christina