fingers crossed

  • iolanthe677
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 5:45 PM
      so i gave up trying to spawn my red pair, and put my marble pair into the breedig tank yesterday. they are now spawning as i write this! :) lol it's almost as if they waited until i got home before they started.

      only thing that worries me is that the male doesnt pick up the eggs to put them in the nest once theyre fertilized (thankfully, the female has taken over that job very well). does that indicate what kind of father he's going to be?

      well i have my fingers crossed that it goes well this time around, 3rd time is the charm right? :)
    • Eryn Rosenbaum
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 5:57 PM
        Yayy! Congrats! I don't know about the egg-picking-up thing. Just keep watch on him and if by tomorrow the bubbles have dwindled and he isn't tending the nest, take him out and let the eggs hatch on their own. You'll get fewer and they'll be weaker, but at least you'll have some.
        :)
        Keep us updated!
        Eryn

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 6:34 PM
          actually hes picking them up now that shes producing more eggs per embrace, it seems he doesnt bother to help if only 10 or less eggs are produced.
          i got some videos of it on my phone though :)

          ~Ashley