Re: [CBS] Digest Number 2022

  • Carol Noble
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
> [...]
      >> Carol Noble
      >>

      > Messages in this topic (5)
      > 1c. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
      > Posted by: "Larissa" alatri@... alatri
      > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm ((PDT))
      >

      > Eeek... o.o I still have the frozen bodies of the last batch in my
      > freezer waiting for me to mail back to them. I fail at remembering to
      > do that. Still have all the paper work, though. I don't think,
      > though, that they really *want* them back after all these years. I
      > wonder if they'll take a written note of "died of natural causes". ;p
      >
      > If anybody wants me to, I can swing by and pick them up again if
      > they're at the same place - the airport is relatively close to my
      > work. Sortof.
      >
      > -- Lari
      >

      > --- In CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Noble" <napr@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi,
      >> I was contacted by US Fish and Game yesterday that they again have
      >> impounded fish that need homes. Nine this time.
      >> Here is the contact info- Inspector Tome (tomay) 650-876-9078
      >> Carol Noble
      >>

      > Messages in this topic (5)
      > 1d. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
      > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@... erynkline
      > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > So... what's the deal with these fish? Are they always bettas? Do they
      > carry
      > requirements? Eryn
      >
      > On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Larissa <alatri@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Eeek... o.o I still have the frozen bodies of the last batch in my
      >> freezer waiting for me to mail back to them. I fail at remembering to
      >> do that. Still have all the paper work, though. I don't think,
      >> though, that they really *want* them back after all these years. I
      >> wonder if they'll take a written note of "died of natural causes". ;p
      >>
      >> If anybody wants me to, I can swing by and pick them up again if
      >> they're at the same place - the airport is relatively close to my
      >> work. Sortof.
      >>
      >> -- Lari
      >>

      >> --- In
      >> CaliforniaBettas@yahoogroups.com<CaliforniaBettas%40yahoogroups.com>,
      >> "Carol Noble" <napr@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Hi,
      >> > I was contacted by US Fish and Game yesterday that they again have
      >> > impounded fish that need homes. Nine this time.
      >> > Here is the contact info- Inspector Tome (tomay) 650-876-9078
      >> > Carol Noble
      >> >

      > Messages in this topic (5)
      > 1e. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
      > Posted by: "Doug Will" fishnfst598@... fishnfst598
      > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:30 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > Do they just need someone to foster them?  Keep them for their natural
      > lives then when they die you have to return the bodies back to F+G..
      > Thats how it used to be with guys who got permits for their asian
      > arrowanas for scientific purposes.  They couldn't sell the fish then had
      > to return the microchip when the fish died..

    • Carol Noble
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi,
        Answers to the questions.
        yes they are bettas, currently CBS are the contact for placement of the
        impounded bettas.
        Larissa graciously picked up and distributed the last batch so she knows
        the wheres and hows of getting them. Thank you Larissa in case I didn't
        say that last time.
        Yes there are requirement with the impounded fish. You cannot sell them.
        You may use them in a breeding program and sell the offspring. When they
        die they are to be returned to USFG with the tags, the individual fish are
        not tagged but we get the paper work which contains the tags.
        We (CBS) only gets contacted about bettas if you know someone who is
        interested in other smuggled fish they (a club or org not individual)
        would have to contact USFG in SF for info on getting those species.

        I am moving out of state so if y'all still want to be on the list to get
        the smuggled bettas than you will need to get someone elses phone # to
        Inspector Tome. As long as you will take fish they will contact the club
        for placement when they impound them.
        Carol Noble

        Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
        > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@... erynkline
        > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 am ((PDT))
        >
        > Are they bettas?
        >
        > On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Carol Noble <napr@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi,
        >> I was contacted by US Fish and Game yesterday that they again have
        >> impounded fish that need homes. Nine this time.
        >> Here is the contact info- Inspector Tome (tomay) 650-876-9078
        >> Carol Noble
        >>

        > Messages in this topic (5)
        > 1c. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
        > Posted by: "Larissa" alatri@... alatri
        > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm ((PDT))
        >

        > Eeek... o.o I still have the frozen bodies of the last batch in my
        > freezer waiting for me to mail back to them. I fail at remembering to
        > do that. Still have all the paper work, though. I don't think,
        > though, that they really *want* them back after all these years. I
        > wonder if they'll take a written note of "died of natural causes". ;p
        >
        > If anybody wants me to, I can swing by and pick them up again if
        > they're at the same place - the airport is relatively close to my
        > work. Sortof.
        >
        > -- Lari

        > 1d. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
        > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@... erynkline
        > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > So... what's the deal with these fish? Are they always bettas? Do they
        > carry
        > requirements? Eryn

        > 1e. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
        > Posted by: "Doug Will" fishnfst598@... fishnfst598
        > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:30 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > Do they just need someone to foster them?  Keep them for their natural
        > lives then when they die you have to return the bodies back to F+G..
        > Thats how it used to be with guys who got permits for their asian
        > arrowanas for scientific purposes.  They couldn't sell the fish then had
        > to return the microchip when the fish died..
      • Patrick Henry
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hi all,

             I believe Ahmet set up this program to get orpahed bettas from the government.
          I suggest you contact him for more info.
                                  Pat

> [...]

          > work. Sortof.
          >
          > -- Lari

          > 1d. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
          > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@ gmail.com erynkline
          > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > So... what's the deal with these fish? Are they always bettas? Do they
          > carry
          > requirements? Eryn

          > 1e. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
          > Posted by: "Doug Will" fishnfst598@ yahoo.com fishnfst598
          > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:30 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > Do they just need someone to foster them?  Keep them for their natural
          > lives then when they die you have to return the bodies back to F+G..
          > Thats how it used to be with guys who got permits for their asian
          > arrowanas for scientific purposes.  They couldn't sell the fish then had
          > to return the microchip when the fish died..

        • fran crouch
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
            well I would love to take one but as i live down here in clovis..the only way would be to ship it to me..which i would gladly do...could this be done...what kind of bettas are they?

            S--- happens

> [...]

            > work. Sortof.
            >
            > -- Lari

            > 1d. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
            > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@ gmail.com erynkline
            > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm ((PDT))
            >
            > So... what's the deal with these fish? Are they always bettas? Do they
            > carry
            > requirements? Eryn

            > 1e. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
            > Posted by: "Doug Will" fishnfst598@ yahoo.com fishnfst598
            > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:30 pm ((PDT))
            >
            > Do they just need someone to foster them?  Keep them for their natural
            > lives then when they die you have to return the bodies back to F+G..
            > Thats how it used to be with guys who got permits for their asian
            > arrowanas for scientific purposes.  They couldn't sell the fish then had
            > to return the microchip when the fish died..

          • Jimmie R Davis
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008

              >I am moving out of state so if y'all still want to be on the list to get
              >the smuggled bettas than you will need to get someone elses phone # to
              >Inspector Tome. As long as you will take fish they will contact the club
              >for placement when they impound them.
              >Carol Noble

              Just out of curiosity. Where are you moving too.
              Nadine in Oregon
            • Eryn Rosenbaum
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                Well that sounds nice! I'd be happy to give some bettas a good home. Larissa, if you pick them up, keep me on your list...
                Eryn

              • letranista@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                  Thanks Eryn for the pairs. Amazing they're getting along right away[male/female].Ended up putting each pair in their 5 gallon home. Will email you soon.

                  Henry

                • Charlie Davis
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                    Let me know if I can help, too...

                    Charlie

                    On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jimmie R Davis <jimrdavis@charter. net> wrote:

                    >I am moving out of state so if y'all still want to be on the list to get
                    >the smuggled bettas than you will need to get someone elses phone # to
                    >Inspector Tome. As long as you will take fish they will contact the club
                    >for placement when they impound them.
                    >Carol Noble

                    Just out of curiosity. Where are you moving too.
                    Nadine in Oregon

                  • Timmy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                      I wouldn't mind getting one or two too. This seems to be a good
                      experience. I did not even know such things happen. wow... Still
                      learning alot :)

                      wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      > Answers to the questions.
                      > yes they are bettas, currently CBS are the contact for placement of
                      the
                      > impounded bettas.
                      > Larissa graciously picked up and distributed the last batch so she
                      knows
                      > the wheres and hows of getting them. Thank you Larissa in case I
                      didn't
                      > say that last time.
                      > Yes there are requirement with the impounded fish. You cannot sell
                      them.
                      > You may use them in a breeding program and sell the offspring. When
                      they
                      > die they are to be returned to USFG with the tags, the individual
                      fish are
                      > not tagged but we get the paper work which contains the tags.
                      > We (CBS) only gets contacted about bettas if you know someone who is
                      > interested in other smuggled fish they (a club or org not
                      individual)
                      > would have to contact USFG in SF for info on getting those species.
                      >
                      > I am moving out of state so if y'all still want to be on the list
                      to get
                      > the smuggled bettas than you will need to get someone elses phone #
                      > Inspector Tome. As long as you will take fish they will contact the
                      club
                      > for placement when they impound them.
                      > Carol Noble
                      >
                      > Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
                      > > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@... erynkline
                      > > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 am ((PDT))
                      > >
                      > > Are they bettas?
                      > >
                      > > On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Carol Noble <napr@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> Hi,
                      > >> I was contacted by US Fish and Game yesterday that they again
                      have
                      > >> impounded fish that need homes. Nine this time.
                      > >> Here is the contact info- Inspector Tome (tomay) 650-876-9078
                      > >> Carol Noble
                      > >>

                      > > Messages in this topic (5)

                      __
                      > > 1c. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
                      > > Posted by: "Larissa" alatri@... alatri
                      > > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm ((PDT))
                      > >

                      > > Eeek... o.o I still have the frozen bodies of the last batch in
                      my
                      > > freezer waiting for me to mail back to them. I fail at
                      remembering to
                      > > do that. Still have all the paper work, though. I don't think,
                      > > though, that they really *want* them back after all these years.
                      > > wonder if they'll take a written note of "died of natural
                      causes". ;p

                      > > If anybody wants me to, I can swing by and pick them up again if
                      > > they're at the same place - the airport is relatively close to my
                      > > work. Sortof.
                      > >
                      > > -- Lari
                      >
                      > > 1d. Re: USFG needs contact - impounded betas
                      > > Posted by: "Eryn Rosenbaum" erynrosenbaum@... erynkline
                      > > Date: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 pm ((PDT))
                      > >
                      > > So... what's the deal with these fish? Are they always bettas? Do
                      they
                      > > carry
                      > > requirements? Eryn

                      __