Imperial County note

  • Bob Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2013
      Hi all,

      A few weeks ago I was out along the East Highline Canal (EHL) and made a stop at one of the dragonfly hotspots here in Imperial County. The east end of Sinclair Road, where it hits the EHL, was once a residence. For many years all that remained was the vegetation. That property has now been reclaimed for farming. No mas! Can not tell it was ever there.

      Citrus farming is coming on strong along the EHL. Citrus requires water to be pumped anyway so much of the land above the EHL is being cleared. The valley (low) side of the canal has always had strips of odd shaped property along the EHL that contained mostly arroweed and atroplex. Most of those pieces have been cleared. Driving the EHL now feels a bit sterile!

      See ya at the sea........

      (!__!)
      (0V0) HAPPY BIRDING
      {}~~{} BOB MILLER
      ='''='''==

      Southwest Birders
      108 W I ST
      Brawley, CA. 92227
      Imperial County
      760-455-1413
      http://www.southwestbirders.com
      http://blog.southwestbirders.com
      bob.miller "at" mindspring.com
      HELP I'm birding and I can't stop!
      Will bird for food!
    • Kathy & Dave Biggs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2013
        sad

        California Dragonflies www.sonic.net/dragonfly
        Southwest Dragonflies www.southwestdragonflies.net/
        Bigsnest Wildlife Pond www.bigsnestpond.net/
        Kathy and Dave Biggs bigsnest@... 707-823-2911
        308 Bloomfield Rd. Sebastopol, CA 95472
        On 1/12/2013 11:52 AM, Bob Miller wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)